Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

That's a good idea Corbyn, a lower rate for toddlers would make sense. I think I'm hard done to with twins at times so I judge harshly when it's twice over for the same age.

I'm still not keen on the variety of the larger frame, my girls were bored a little quicker than I'd like and they are generally a pair of mountain goats who adore climbing and slides.

My girls loved the blower too, there was a girl there last weekend who was doing the whole front of the Titanic routine on top if it which was hilarious! She looked so cute and was entirely unaware of the imagery of course :D

He he. There was a little girl there when we went just stood in the middle, on top of it letting it blow her skirt up in the air. She looked very funny!

Just as the title says, anyone been to The Big Tops in Dinnington, what is it like? Are there many things to do there and is the price ok? Looking at this for a possible birthday party venue.

I've been to Big Tops and although it's a nice play centre with plenty to do, I find it hard to watch my kids because it's all spread out so much. So I end up laden like a pack horse and sitting in a heap on the floor nearest the play equipment they are on.

Other than being a logistical nightmare it's a nice enough place.

hello, i've been to these places elsewhere, one was called Hickory Dickory's and they are great for rainy days, they are big padded areas with ball pools and slides and climbing frames but all safe and the best ones have a cafe where you can retreat back and let the little'uns get tired out whilst you have a cuppa. but are there any in sheffield? i've not heard of any but i'm sure there must be

cheers in advance x

Hi,

Yes there are plenty of these in Sheffield. The Mega Centre (hyde park tram stop near town) its free for under 1's and then £2 per child over and can play allday. This has a little cafe that sells hot and cold drinks and sarnies.

There is also Alpha Zoo (near Meadowhall) this is also free for under 1s and I think its about £2 or £2.50 for every child after. This has a little cafe that sells almost anything. Bacon butty, chips cheese anything really.

There is also Jungle Mania (Darnall) but Im not sure on the price or anything.

Theres plenty more around just a case of asking people.

many thanks for this, all the parents i know are first timers with under ones so we're all new to it, i've found one near me thanks to the link from cosywolf, i didn't find anything when i searched on this forum before as i didn't separate the words soft and play but typed softplay instead! duh! xxx

any ideas for party suggestions for my daughter? She will be 8 in January. I think shes getting a little old for soft play areas really, and would rather do something with a handful of friends instead of inviting the whole class! I can't afford a lot as its literally just over a week after christmas. I tried to book mcdonalds last year but they don't 'do parties in the school holidays' :confused: and I've found a few places are the same!

I took her and her cousins to the panto last year, it was good fun but I think she needs something different this year! Plus her grandma wants to take her to one on her own.

Zebra do you still do party stuff?

any ideas for party suggestions for my daughter? She will be 8 in January. I think shes getting a little old for soft play areas really, and would rather do something with a handful of friends instead of inviting the whole class! I can't afford a lot as its literally just over a week after christmas. I tried to book mcdonalds last year but they don't 'do parties in the school holidays' :confused: and I've found a few places are the same!

I took her and her cousins to the panto last year, it was good fun but I think she needs something different this year! Plus her grandma wants to take her to one on her own.

Zebra do you still do party stuff?

How about bowling - I think Hollywood Bowl is about £8 per person (minimum of 6) incs bowling and a meal - or if you are near Handsworth Bowling is cheaper and just as good.

Or perhaps one of the ceramic pinting places like Fired Arts? The cost depends on what they choose to paint, so you could pick out something quite inexpensive beforehand. And they'd all get a really nice present out of it.

Fired Arts also do cake and drinks (I only mention them in particular because they're the only ones I've been to.)

Ecclesall Woods Sawmill are also running Dangerous Club for Kids parties, which are outdoor and fairly rough and ready, so perhaps not too expensive? Good fun oudoor adventure stuff.

Or have a make your own pizza and cookies party at home with a good girlie dvd to finish off with - even a pj party, if you're brave enough

;p

Or perhaps one of the ceramic pinting places like Fired Arts? The cost depends on what they choose to paint, so you could pick out something quite inexpensive beforehand. And they'd all get a really nice present out of it.

Fired Arts also do cake and drinks (I only mention them in particular because they're the only ones I've been to.)

Ecclesall Woods Sawmill are also running Dangerous Club for Kids parties, which are outdoor and fairly rough and ready, so perhaps not too expensive? Good fun oudoor adventure stuff.

Or have a make your own pizza and cookies party at home with a good girlie dvd to finish off with - even a pj party, if you're brave enough

;p

eeeeek no for the pj party lol!!! a handful of 8 yr old girls running around - I'd br grey, or bald!!

I like the idea of the painting one, thinking about it theres somewhere at elsecar which is very close to me, i'll give them a ring. Outdoor is a no no as its in Jan though, we'd no doubt get the worst weather in England on the day!

Bowlings ok but she did that at a party very recently and I don't want to look like I'm copying, pathetic I know!