Birthday party venues, suggestions and soft play centres

Get lots of photos -- save them for his 18th!

We went to a party where a "slide show" presentation of 1st b'day pix was projected on the wall throughout the 18th. Very impressive!

what a great idea!!!

baby biffalo was 1 on thurs (oh how time flies) and we had a family party at home. He loved it but he was so tired by the end of the afternoon i was glad we hadnt hired anywhere.

My son fell asleep face down in his birthday cake on his first birthday. I think it's nice to celebrate in the family but don't expect your child to care one way or another. I think 3 year old is early enough to think of a more organised party. Then you can have fun taking them somewhere like the butterfly park.

My little Dymond-boy is one in October too..as are most of his baby friends... so we decided to have a joint do (more for us really than the babies.. they won't care one way or the other as long as there's things to play with!) so there'll probably be 8 of us round someone's house.. food, drinks and silliness..

I think a big party will be more stressful for you than it'll be fun! just my opinion.. and there's plenty of years to come for big event parties!

will probably have to have a do on his actual birthday though or the grandparents will go mad!

I'm going to merge this thread with the one on the sticky at the top of the page, there is loads of suggestions on there

Hi Clare,

Babybell was 1 last October & we just had a joint party with my sister (her daughter was born 3 days after).

We had it at her house. Oct is a fab time as the shops will be full of Halloween stuff so you can really go to town with the decorations. My sis did a great job & had games for the older ones like mummy making (wrapping each other up with cheap loo roll) & apple bobbin etc. We had a barbie for the adults as it was fine although a bit cold & usual party stuff for the kids. Its my turn this year though, lol!

:) thinking of going to this in the morning with a friend if anyone going

I will be there as usual with Littleboo

Baby Alien was late to bed tonight (we were at a friend's do until gone 9pm and he fell asleep there until we put him in the car to go home then didn't want to go back to sleep!) but I'm off downstairs to bed now (we have a topsy-turvy 2-floor flat, LOL!) to get my 7 hours in and if he's up bright and early in the morning then we'll come along.

As predicted, Baby Alien woke up late - 9:30, and has been decidedly lacklustre so far, so it's taken this long to feed, change, wash and dress him. And I'm still not sorted yet! So we'll be along another day, I guess!

Went along this morning and it was a nice little group. I went because my friend goes and I wanted to catch up with her. Its nice and handy for us and the timing is good as we were back in time for her (early) lunch. Maybe see you there another time lilmissalien. I know what its like getting out the house on a morning when things dont go to plan!

Boosmum I think you prob thought I meant Jelly's- my fault for not being specific as I had talked about going there in my last post :rolleyes: sorry. I went to jelly's last week but got my timings wrong and nobody was there :hihi: Emily tends to have a big nap in her cot after lunch which is when i get stuff done, but I still plan to come to jellys again sometime soon :)

we took my daughter to alphabet zoo on amos road a couple of weeks ago and we had a nice party. the children had a great time playing on the soft play areas and the birthday party there was value for money! we used http://www.playbarnfinder.com/ to find the details if anyone is interested :)

stu & emily