Stand together campaign - How we can beat the yobs

A we really being held to ransom by the youth of the city?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. A we really being held to ransom by the youth of the city?

• Yes - they are thugs who need borstal/boot camp
    • No - its a minority issue which is being blamed on all young people
    • They are bored, we need more FREE youth activities
    • Other - see below

Is this is going to be yet another GLEADLESS VALLEY THREAD DO YOU THINK?

:huh: as anyone on here said the word gleadless ,but i see your piont because it will have it said some where before the thread is finished:rolleyes:

Well done fox20 interesting thread hope people keep it that way and not us it as another lets all slag the youths of:thumbsup:

so they are gonna blitz woodthorpe, tenner says they do parsons cross afterwards, maybe a couple of curfews come winter.

What we need is a mayor like Ray Mallon in Middlesbrough. These are his thoughts on a 16 year old who killed a toddler whilst driving a stolen car in a park. As usual, the lad's mother is full of excuses.... I know it's long but give it a go. If you're like me, you'll be cheering by the end....

The mother of a teenage hit-and-run killer should have been locked up with her son, Middlesbrough's Mayor said today. In an extraordinary attack on the failings of the entire criminal justice system, Ray Mallon claimed Ashley Lindo should have been charged with the manslaughter of Daniel Conroy Curtin and not death by dangerous driving. And he also called for an overhaul of "ludicrous" sentencing guidelines for judges

Mallon said parents should be responsible for children's actions.

"Ashley Lindo's mother has no right to blame the system. She should be in jail with him as she has let him down," he said.

Middlesbrough Mayor Ray Mallon is sickened by what he sees as the failure of the criminal justice system to protect Daniel Conroy Curtin.

Mr Mallon urged for the parents of anti-social yobs to be jailed along with their children.

Mr Mallon's thoughts on the tragic case come the day after the Prime Minister spoke of a plan to identify potential troublemakers before they are born.

Mr Blair said it was possible to spot the families whose children would grow up to be a "menace to society."

But Mr Mallon believes Mr Blair has already let down law-abiding citizens by not tackling anti-social behaviour.

Here, Mr Mallon gives his explosive thoughts on the system that failed Daniel.

"I have examined all of the circumstances surrounding the death of Daniel Conroy Curtin. I have concluded that this was complete establishment failure because the system as a whole has fallen down. The police have not taken all forms of anti-social behaviour seriously enough. I would question whether the correct charge was placed before the courts in the Daniel Conroy Curtin case. I am convinced that manslaughter would have been a more appropriate charge in the circumstances. A motor vehicle is a weapon. Even though there is no evidence to indicate that Ashley Lindo intended to cause grievous bodily harm to any one person on that fateful day, his actions were reckless beyond belief. Death by dangerous driving is more appropriate for the roads of this country not playing fields and parks."

"The public should note that when Ashley Lindo collided with Daniel Conroy Curtin he did not stop, he ran away. When he was eventually caught he showed no remorse at all. When he appeared at court he was crying. I have no doubt he was crying not because of his sorrow but because he had been caught. In so far as his mother is concerned she has no right to blame the system as she should be in jail with him as she has let him down."

"Prison is not a punishment. Our prisons are like four-star hotels. Ashley Lindo is correct in his description that prison is 'mint'. They are mint. The do-gooders of this country and the politically correct have had their day. I intend at every opportunity to take ground from them day by day."

Well said that man. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Never mind Lord Mayor, he ought to be Prime Minister.

I agree with every single word he says.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you think our prisons are like four star hotels, you need to get out more. That's all I've got to say.

If you think our prisons are like four star hotels, you need to get out more. That's all I've got to say.

*I* didn't say it. But in any case, they still have too easy a life in there. Locked up should mean locked up. And I get out a lot thanks!

And I get out a lot thanks!

Then you'll know that prisons aren't like four-star hotels. I'm assuming, of course, that you've stayed in four-star hotels? They're not like prisons, are they? :confused:

Well said that man. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Never mind Lord Mayor, he ought to be Prime Minister.

I agree with every single word he says.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Agree with the Mayor and you.

As far as prisons go, I sure as hell wouldn't want to go there.