Anyone interested in a walk on Friday 8th or Saturday 9th.

I've been asked to find out whether anyone might be interested in going for a walk on Friday 8th or Saturday 9th September? As neither date is any good for me I wont be able to go but if anyone else is interested please post here.

Many thanks

wendygs

I would be up for something on the 8th. I'll have been very busy all week so will have some flexi time to take off on the Friday.

Saturday I'm doing dodgy Taxman stuff then going to the footy unfortunately

Hi there,

I shall be in S6 from the period Thursday 7th to Sunday 10th Sept. - if anything is 'going down' on either Friday 8th or Saturday 9th, I'd be very happy to join in. Can a pooch join too?

Cheers,

Alex. :)

Hi Alex, handing over to you now and very sorry I wont be able to make either Friday or Saturday. Hope you have a really great time. :D wendy

As I was out and about it occurred to me that you might like to indicate the sort of walk you'd want to do and where you'd want to go. It also occurred to me you may want to check out our Sheffield Recommended Walking links which includes useful info on pooches, maps, and routes etc.

Well myself and Kentboy seem to be up for a wander on the Friday, I'm going to look at maps etc and try to plan a route but if anybody else has a good walk they can suggest then here's the place to post it.

If anyone else wants to come you can always PM me and we can make arrangements that way.

Did somebody mention pooch walking?

Pencil us in too :)

My friend has 'booked me out' on Friday - her words. Next week maybe.

I'm up for a walk on Friday. About time I met the Suvverner, anyway!

Re the pooches - do we have to walk anywhere special? Not having one myself, I don't know the kind of territory (sheep-wise, etc) you have to walk on.

Would interested people care to post the kind of walk they'd like? As regular posters won't be surprised to hear, I'd go for moorland-type walks myself as opposed to parks, but I'd be happy to join in with the consensus in order to meet people I haven't walked with before. Distance? I'd probably go for 8 - 12miles from choice, but again, I'd be happy to walk less if people prefer a more gentle amble.

But please do join in, and post! We (I'm sure, having spoken to various posters on the thread before) would just be happy to accommodate anyone's preferences, just to keep the Walking Group walking! :)

I'm up for a walk on Friday. About time I met the Suvverner, anyway!

Re the pooches - do we have to walk anywhere special? Not having one myself, I don't know the kind of territory (sheep-wise, etc) you have to walk on.

Would interested people care to post the kind of walk they'd like? As regular posters won't be surprised to hear, I'd go for moorland-type walks myself as opposed to parks, but I'd be happy to join in with the consensus in order to meet people I haven't walked with before. Distance? I'd probably go for 8 - 12miles from choice, but again, I'd be happy to walk less if people prefer a more gentle amble.

But please do join in, and post! We (I'm sure, having spoken to various posters on the thread before) would just be happy to accommodate anyone's preferences, just to keep the Walking Group walking! :)

Hiya,

I've been in close communication with taxman recently. The relatives' dog is an easy-going dog, and can walk on pretty much any ground, although it could go for sheep, but under close control, isn't a problem.

8 miles sounds OK - possibly via a pub or cafe at the end.

But I'm amicable!

Cheers.

:)

Well I'm up for any sort of walk, just as long as it gets me out of the office and will get my heart pumping a bit.