Commute from Sheffield to Doncaster

am seeing lots of job opportunities springing up around the lakeside area in Doncaster. However I wondered what its like commuting to that area from Sheffield?

Have been told its about 20 mins from Junc 32 of the M1?

Does anyone do that run? What are your experiences

Junction 32 is the M18 I believe? :confused:

That'll take thee straight to Doncaster.

Hardly go on that journey myself, but not had any problems so far.

Guest Mod_Man

I used to go by Train. Its probably not much help to you but it was a great service and cheap too. Normally only took 25 minutes.

I used to travel from Hillsborough to that area - takes about 40 mins in the morning - but i had to be at work for 8am - i suspect if you started your journey later (say to get to work for 9) it would get a lot busier.

However i guess if you live closer to the M1 it'll be an ok journey to make

I travel from near Meadowhell to Doncaster prob about 5 mins from Lakeside. It normally takes me about 30 mins. I guess it depends where in Sheffield you are going from, if you have to do Parkway it will take you a heck of a lot longer

I live in Greenhill and work just behind the Lakeside shopping centre and it takes me about 35 minutes in the morning and about 45 minutes in the evening. I usually get to work at around 7.30 though and it does get busier going in to Doncaster from the M18 from about 8.00 onwards. It will probably add 5-15 minutes in rush hour. The roundabout next to the shopping centre is a disaster area at rush hour.

I live in Sharrow and my partner leaves for wheatly hall road in doncaster at 7:15 for 8am start and if she leaves on time at 4:30pm, she will be home between 5:30 (school hols) and 5:45 (usually).

Is lakeside the bit just off J3 of the M18? If so, it shouldn't take long. 10-15 mins on the M18, plus however long in Sheff and Donny.

I reckon people on here are over-estimating. Also the parkway, commuting out then back to Sheffield is fine.

I go from Walkley to the M18 (15-30 mins depending on traffic through Shalesmoor) then all the way up to the M62 (another 30mins).

I work flexi-time, so have tried it all times of the rush hour(s) and it's never really bad. My whole journey never takes more than an hour, so you should be much less.

The parkway / motorway bit takes hardly any time, it's the traffic in Sheffield and Donny that will hold you up.

am seeing lots of job opportunities springing up around the lakeside area in Doncaster. However I wondered what its like commuting to that area from Sheffield?

Have been told its about 20 mins from Junc 32 of the M1?

Does anyone do that run? What are your experiences

I live near J31, and go over to see the girlfriend who lives in Donny, just off the Wakefield Rd.

30 mins door to door most days. Get on the M1 at J31 by 7:15am, though, or it takes another 10 mins extra. Everything on theM1 grinds to a halt then - and just getting on at J31 has long queues.

After 8:30am, it gets better.

Revese at teatime not so bad.

Getting off the M18 at J3 for Lakeside can be a bitch past B & Q - all queued up there.