Barnsley Road at Firvale Junction, why are the locals allowed to park Illegally ?

Not an Asian mentioned.

Oh yeah, sorry . . . is it the christians who are so fond of halal meat then???

Oh yeah, sorry . . . is it the christians who are so fond of halal meat then???

It's a van unloading meat in a dangerous place causing an obstruction to other road users, and in an attempt to identify the van it has been stated that it is unloading halal meat at a halal shop ... as opposed to any other delivery van that hasn't been identified as causing an obstruction.

If it was unloading condoms at the chemist, and this was pointed out, would that then be construed as an attack on non-Catholics?

Basically, the van is identified, and subsequently a comment or two were made about the state the meat must be in considering the place it is being unloaded.

I personally don't give a hoot whether they are Asians, Inuits, Whites, or Venusians who park there. I just wish someone would tow ALL the offending cars away and crush them.

the traffics horrendous here too :P

parking down both sides of the main road, parking in the bus stop area, parking on double yellows just to park as close to the shop as possible......but then it aint sheffield :P

The problem is something I have seen on many occassions from living down that area for 17 years.

Ticket Jockey comes round and plants tickets, all the area come out to remonstrate with the scumbags and before you know it, out comes the race card. Im guessing the ticketing scumbags have enough of a hard job as it is, and therefore appease those without respect or consideration who throw out this card because its not worth the complaint procedure process.

The problem is something I have seen on many occassions from living down that area for 17 years.

Ticket Jockey comes round and plants tickets, all the area come out to remonstrate with the scumbags and before you know it, out comes the race card. Im guessing the ticketing scumbags have enough of a hard job as it is, and therefore appease those without respect or consideration who throw out this card because its not worth the complaint procedure process.

I sort of know what you mean, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the whole area comes out to remonstrate. It's just a matter of keeping the area patrolled....most people who get a ticket argue they shouldn't but if a constant eye was kept on the place and more tickets were handed out and more fines dished out to repeat offenders it may well cut down on the idiots who park there.

I sort of know what you mean, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the whole area comes out to remonstrate. It's just a matter of keeping the area patrolled....most people who get a ticket argue they shouldn't but if a constant eye was kept on the place and more tickets were handed out and more fines dished out to repeat offenders it may well cut down on the idiots who park there.

Your right, not all of them remonstrate however in my experience, groups have come out to apply intimidation to the situation.

A majority of the time it does anger me when I see people and delivery cars parked there, but I always calm down when I think: 'Well, if he'd parked across the road, it'd take longer to deliver my pizza!' :hihi:

My mate was working on a roof in Crookes and saw a delivery of chicken to the resteraunt opposite, white transit, no cooling system, middle of summer, bangs on the door of said resteraunt- no one answers! the delivery guy left it on the back step of the former terrace house which is on the corner of a street. He threw it in to a skip nearby and was sad as he used to eat at that place. Dirty Ba.t.r.s

It may be just a co-incidence, but there's a road going into Bolton - St Helens Road - that has exactly the same problem and nothing gets done about it. I wanted to mention it earlier but didn't want anyone flinging the race card at me.

It may be just a co-incidence, but there's a road going into Bolton - St Helens Road - that has exactly the same problem and nothing gets done about it. I wanted to mention it earlier but didn't want anyone flinging the race card at me.

It's ok, go for it - theres plenty of areas with non-ethnic parking offenders too, whats naming one in Bolton :gag: got to do with Maggie Thatchers pants!

My mate was working on a roof in Crookes and saw a delivery of chicken to the resteraunt opposite, white transit, no cooling system, middle of summer, bangs on the door of said resteraunt- no one answers! the delivery guy left it on the back step of the former terrace house which is on the corner of a street. He threw it in to a skip nearby and was sad as he used to eat at that place. Dirty Ba.t.r.s

Talking of dirty b*st*rds where meat is concerned - and not really related to this thread - I was at college some years back and during one of the biology lessons we disected some sheep's hearts.

Where these hearts came from, and how long they had been out of the sheep without refrigeration is anybody's guess.

At the end of the lesson, the lecturer told us that anyone who had a dog could take what was left of them home, but reminded us to cook them properly so that any bacteria they had gathered would be killed.

I took one for our dog, and several others took them also.

The next day I commented on how foul it stank when being boiled. Most others agreed with me, but one bloke, a new age traveller type, just said, "Yeah, but dint it taste beautiful."

He meant it too, the dirty sod!:gag: :gag:

I've seen loads of white people park there illegally too to get a takeaway, but you probably didn't see them, or maybe forgot to mention it

You cannot simply post a comment about "seeing white people" parking .....earlier posts didnt confirm that the parking was down to asians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder if i had said " i have seen loads of muslim cars parked illegally"...............YOU WOULD HAVE CALLED ME RACIST !!!! ......pot calling kettle black ...springs to mind