Barnsley Road at Firvale Junction, why are the locals allowed to park Illegally ?

If anyone has driven from Brightside, to the City Centre/or Hillsborough, then I'm sure that you will have encountered the Junction at Firvale (where it meets Barnsley Road)

This is a 2 lane Junction, however when the locals illegally park in the 1st lane, it causes massive tailbacks and slows the Traffic flow.

It seems they are keen to penalise motorists in certain parts of the city, but other parts of the city can do what they like. What is special about this location?

surely this is no mystery they are too lazy to park somewhere that doesnt inconvenience other road users the police wont do anything in that area

Its been like this for years and is an utter disgrace.

If they aren't parking illegally on the road to get to the chicken shops they are on the pavement.

And why they always insist on unloading a wagon of halal meat on the junction in rush hour is beyond me.

Still Parking Services are much better paid ticketing people in the back streets of Broomhill...

Its been like this for years

Still Parking Services are much better paid ticketing people in the back streets of Broomhill...

They could make a fortune, if they took a trip (not a drug type of trip) round here.

same problem London road Cemetary road junction usually taxi's stopping at the really grotty looking takeaway's opposite the old Bed nightclub

If anyone has driven from Brightside, to the City Centre/or Hillsborough, then I'm sure that you will have encountered the Junction at Firvale (where it meets Barnsley Road)

This is a 2 lane Junction, however when the locals illegally park in the 1st lane, it causes massive tailbacks and slows the Traffic flow.

It seems they are keen to penalise motorists in certain parts of the city, but other parts of the city can do what they like. What is special about this location?

I know exactly what you mean.. I have to drive this way to work and I have to use the first lane to turn left..Also there is a bus stop there, and the way they park forces the buses to pull up in the second lane blocking all the traffic completly..:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Asking these law-breakers to conform to the rules would clearly be racist.

its because the police are too scared to clamp down - and scared of being accused "racist" ...if I wasnt mistaken A LAW IS A LAW is this country and should be adhered to my ALL members of our wonderful multicultral society!!!!!

And why they always insist on unloading a wagon of halal meat on the junction in rush hour is beyond me.

Yes, you wouldn't want to be buying that meat after it has been delivered in a filthy van, and it's been left hanging, with the doors wide open, at a busy road junction getting smothered in petrol and diesel fumes for half an hour.:gag:

If they aren't parking illegally on the road to get to the chicken shops they are on the pavement.

Unlike Ecclesall Road of course, which is mainly white shop owners and public - visiting bars and restaurants who park all over the double yellows and the backstreets not only during the day but at night too, police drive up and down but nothing ever changes!

There is a problem at the Fir Vale junction, I know as I drive that way alot, but instead of having a sly go at asians and halal meat vans, you should be contacting the highways people and telling them to do something about it.

I've seen loads of white people park there illegally too to get a takeaway, but you probably didn't see them, or maybe forgot to mention it.:rolleyes:

Not an Asian mentioned.

Unlike Ecclesall Road of course, which is mainly white shop owners and public - visiting bars and restaurants who park all over the double yellows and the backstreets not only during the day but at night too, police drive up and down but nothing ever changes!

There is a problem at the Fir Vale junction, I know as I drive that way alot, but instead of having a sly go at asians and halal meat vans, you should be contacting the highways people and telling them to do something about it.

I've seen loads of white people park there illegally too to get a takeaway, but you probably didn't see them, or maybe forgot to mention it.