Welcome to restaurant 23 - West One complex

i tend to find that if you phone ahead they will sort additional vegetarian options

Meroveus

Did you ever give any thought to having more than one vegetarian option in your starters/mains?

Bloody typical.

hello chef here ... i know that vegiterians get a bit of hard time going to some restaurants risotto ... vegetable millefeuile roast vegetables all splashed with either pesto or tomato coulis or whatever the normal is these days and i appriciate that so thats why each of the 2 starters and 2 mains i have on as vegetarain choices are very carefully thought out and are very tasty dishes that in some cases are better sellers and better dishes than there meaty brothers and sisters but if in any case you dont like either of the choices give me a call at the restaurant and i will cook something to your taste without a worry , i had a vegetarian man and woman phone last week and went to the table just to say yes we only have to choices on the menu but they are very competent dishes just so they didnt feel left out i offered that they shouldnt feel abbliged to have one because thats just the choice i have lots of food stuff in the kitchen to do lots with so there is always room for ready steady cook :) thanks guys john farrar

Why should they?

Its your choice dear.

Exactly, do vegetarian restaurants offer a meat dish for the odd customer who might want one ?

nick i was just thinking the same this fine morning haha strange that is...

Fair enough - it just means i'll only go to your place twice though.... unless I want to plum for the "vegetarian suprise"

How often do you plan to change the menu?

Its really not difficult to do interesting vegetarian food.

Why not challenge yourself? Look up cranks recipie books etc, and do some real vegetarian cooking. You might be suprised at the extra business you generate by gaining the reputation of being able to cater for more than just carnivors excellently.

He's just said that he's happy to cook whatever you want - just let him know you're coming and that you'll be wanting something different to what's on the menu.

thats vegetarians for you, irrational and just plain annoying ;)

I'm no big eater, so would it be deemd ok to just come in and have a starter and a dessert .. or just the one ?

No skinflint, I just have a medical problem.

OOh! Now there's an offer ..

Saffy :)

I ate there on saturday night..

Amazing food...really liked the atmosphere of the place..Although getting out of the building was tough..Walking down from the restaurant and trying to fight through a packed bar..

The kobe beef was incredible...and the cheese board was great fun...although the blue king richardIII was slightly strong ^^

Loved it all...As did my parents.