Parking enforcement around Sheffield

parking attendents make me sick and its as simple as that!!!

Why do they make you sick?

WOW - This has become a busy little Forum hasn't it? ..... Haven't frequented for some time so didn't expect to get flamed so quickly.

BTW ... Anybody know what actually happened to the topic I posted? or was it removed, renamed & integrated for descriptive reasons?

@garryn

- This was actually my main point... It was apparently a restricted road, haven't been and looked yet, maybe should have done that before posting but understood she was parked in a way that was not causing obstruction to either Road users or pedestrians which would have been my main argument. If it is now illegal to park with 2 or more wheels on the Pavement then I'm sure the Parking wardens could get a lot more "easies" by the looking in the right places and where they are needed because traffic can’t pass due to ill parked cars.... for starters, my road where they could ticket around 15 cars in one go!

As regards to £5000 and being stupid for paying this much .... It was maybe a slight over statement but put simply its called debt! and the sole reason why I don't want to pay the fine. The car is a joint venture with Joint insurance but is all in my name so it makes me liable.

After some research it seems that the government made over 400 Mil last year in the UK on parking tickets, they reckon that something like around 50% of these were incorrectly issued but only 0.66% are ever contested. Apparently they don't want you to contest them so if you do there is a good chance you will win.

Maybe the council could put some of that 400 million into building some car parks around Hillsborough and stop just digging roads up at the bottom of Hillsborough, leaving them for about a year, never working on it and causing even more obstructions!

Finally for some others she was actually looking for a pay and display or a multi-storey pay and park car park but non could be found in Hillsborough .... Does anybody know of any near the college?

Thanks.

Another thing to note and what actually annoyed me the most was that around 10 other students had parked on the same road in the same way so she naturally assumed it was ok to park their. Every single car got a ticket as if the parking attendant had been lying in wait well aware that every single term new students park in the same location as there is no where else to park.

But, you know what they .... assumption is the mother of all **** up's.

Another thing to note and what actually annoyed me the most was that around 10 other students had parked on the same road in the same way so she naturally assumed it was ok to park their. Every single car got a ticket as if the parking attendant had been lying in wait well aware that every single term new students park in the same location as there is no where else to park.

But, you know what they .... assumption is the mother of all **** up's.

From your original post, it appears she was parked on the verge? If there's a yellow line on the road at that point, it applies to the whole of the highway, which includes the verge and the footway.

So what was the parking attendant supposed to do, ignore the row of cars parked illegally? Attendants patrol wide areas, they don't have time or need to lie in wait.

well i dunno if its traffic wardens or the council tht make me sick for the simple fact that the council already get enough money of me threw council tax/natinal insurance/student fees etc etc then to come back 2 my car and some scummy lttle attendent wats to smak a ticket on my car tht some how has been produced in the future!(get to my car at 13.09 apparently the attendent had been waiting until 13.15). i mean if the money was used to i dunno, maybe refill the f****ng pot hole in the city then i wouldnt be to bothered but we all no they just rakin the fines so the big cats can get a bonus and the attendents can get a lovely little argos voucher

RANT OVER!!!!!!!

lol thanks for reading!

well i dunno if its traffic wardens or the council tht make me sick for the simple fact that the council already get enough money of me threw council tax/natinal insurance/student fees etc etc then to come back 2 my car and some scummy lttle attendent wats to smak a ticket on my car tht some how has been produced in the future!(get to my car at 13.09 apparently the attendent had been waiting until 13.15). i mean if the money was used to i dunno, maybe refill the ******* pot hole in the city then i wouldnt be to bothered but we all no they just rakin the fines so the big cats can get a bonus and the attendents can get a lovely little argos voucher

RANT OVER!!!!!!!

lol thanks for reading!

I totally agree with you position and thoughts on this which is why I was so ****** off! Its just another way of getting money off us.... I'm sure if I left big dirty **** somewhere they didn't want it they would tax that ******* aswell!

From your original post, it appears she was parked on the verge? If there's a yellow line on the road at that point, it applies to the whole of the highway, which includes the verge and the footway.

So what was the parking attendant supposed to do, ignore the row of cars parked illegally? Attendants patrol wide areas, they don't have time or need to lie in wait.

Verge - wasn't obstructing anything unless there was little catapillar that wanted to take a **** and couldn't because of the car tire so then informed the parking warden. Besides I don't see any traffic wardens on the residential streets around here where everybody double parks!

As many people on here maybe aware if you work in target driven Job you know exactly where to find your easy numbers or "Cheap Tickets" as it may be in this case. I.e. OOOO My figures are bit low today, Guess what? I know a nice place in Hillsborough where lots of new students park in September because there is **** all parking around Hillsborough. So lets go their and pick on them!

Rant over!

Excuse Me Everybody! Well Those Who Are Being Very Stupid!

The Attendants Are Just Doing There Jobs, Just Like Most People In Sheffield Who Do Their Jobs!

If People Didnt Park Illegally Then They Wouldnt Get A Ticket Would They??????

And Parking Attendants Dont Get Bonuses Or Little Argos Vouchers For How Many Tickets They Put On They Get Nothing For It!

And They Don't Just Decide To Go Somewhere And Pick On Students, The Parking Services Recieves Complaints About The Parking So They Act Upon These! It Is Not Their Fault That There Is No Parking! Any Driver Should No That They Are Not Aloud To Park On Yellow Lines! So She Should Have Used Her Common Sense Shouldnt She?

What Is Your Problem????

Why Do People Have A Go At The Attendants It Is Not There Fault They Get Told Wher To Go When They Arrive At Work, If They Se Illegally Parked Cars Then Of Course They Are Going To Ticket Them For Goodness Sake!

People Who Complain Are Sad Pathetic Losers Who Want To Get Away With Breaking The Law Well I Got News For You All It All Going To Change, The Attendants Are Coming And Your Going To Have To Pay Up!

Verge - wasn't obstructing anything unless there was little catapillar that wanted to take a **** and couldn't because of the car tire so then informed the parking warden. Besides I don't see any traffic wardens on the residential streets around here where everybody double parks!

As many people on here maybe aware if you work in target driven Job you know exactly where to find your easy numbers or "Cheap Tickets" as it may be in this case. I.e. OOOO My figures are bit low today, Guess what? I know a nice place in Hillsborough where lots of new students park in September because there is **** all parking around Hillsborough. So lets go their and pick on them!

Rant over!

That's no excuse, verges aren't provided for parking on, they're an amenity to make the place look better. Parking on them cause a lot of damage and shouldn't be tolerated. If lots of students are parking illegally it is therefore entirely appropriate that the Attendants give attention to that problem.

The Council's Parking Attendants can only enforce where there is actually a waiting restriction of some type. Double parking probably constitutes obstruction, which only the Police can enforce. Many of the residential streets don't have much in the way of waiting restrictions, which is why you won't see the attendants there. However, where there are restrictions they do enforce and I've seen enough comments from people who have received tickets in Hillsborough to know that the attendants do visit that area and hand out penalties to those who transgress.

Improved enforcement contributes to better traffic flows, improved safety and accessibility, so it should be welcomed. When I worked for the Council I received huge numbers of requests for better enforcement, it was only last year when the Council took over responsibility for all on-street enforcement of waiting restrictions that these demands could be fulfilled. Waiting restrictions are there for very good reasons and should be respected. The same goes for the Attendants who do a difficult job often under very trying circumstances, they should be respected and appreciated too.

That's no excuse, verges aren't provided for parking on, they're an amenity to make the place look better. Parking on them cause a lot of damage and shouldn't be tolerated.

I thought it would be classed as an obstruction. Which means the (should be on a) ward-ens should have informed the police to move the offending vehicles as obstructions are not the jurisdiction of TWs:mad:

the police can only move the vehicles if they are causing obstruction, yes the cars are causing slight obstruction on the verges but it is not dangerous to teh fact that people cannot walk past or drive past, thats why the attendants ticket these people!

I give up!

There are obviously lots of people on here who work/have worked for the council and wish to defend them to the hilt. So I'll pay the bloody fine and they can have the money to **** up some more perfectly good roads with!

Do you have shares kimmie?