Parking enforcement around Sheffield

DSaw a warden in Swallownest for the first time EVER the other day....

What is the world coming to?

Mod note:

I refer to the chief constable because that is who I was told to refer to by the people who dish out the tickets, which if you could be bothered to analyze my statement , you could have worked out without having to ask. Are you a copper?

I hear you can get in now with a size of 4'10'' and an IQ which is sub 100

dragonsoup, you're heading for another ban. Pack it in please.

mmm interesting..

not sure about that one.

meanwhile, i am interested in becoming a treffic warden, how would I go about this?

:cool:

Call Parking Services on 2736158, I'm sure they will be able to advise.

If I phone this number what are the chances of getting a warden out on a motorbike or van to issue a ticket to a dangerously parked car?

If so how long would it take?

Maybe I'll give it a go

Theres a van been parked at the bottom of Psalter Lane causing an obstruction on a double yellow all day.........

When the Broomhill scheme starts this week will you be stationing wardens around the schools off Clarkehouse Road?

I see its all now pay and display so there is nowhere to drop off private schoolchildren - I am fascinated to see how this pans out, I imagine (hope) there is a fortune to be made in fines

So, to be blunt, will you routinely station wardens round the private schools at 830am and 330pm?

Please please please :)

As I said, there well be Parking Attendants patroling that area all day, every day.

unlike you i will not bother with childish insults always a sign someone is losing an argument,but will ask again if you are so intelligent why would you ask a police chief to comment on council policy regardless of what you were allegedly told.

No childish insults then , ok. I didnt ask the police chief anything I was told (by a council worker, or city ambassador in a uniform )that he ' was aware of the situation. Who said it was an argument? you might like to think so I thought it was just a discussion on a web site! I take it you are unacustomed to real arguments and finally , when did I state that I was intelligent?

what time do parking attendants finish in the evening? Last night about 9 pm on Northumberland road which is part of the new parking scheme there were quite a few cars and vans parked on double yellow lines!!

what time do parking attendants finish in the evening? Last night about 9 pm on Northumberland road which is part of the new parking scheme there were quite a few cars and vans parked on double yellow lines!!

Contact Parking Services on 2736158 or email parkingservices@sheffield.gov.uk if you want to report a problem. I believe most of them work till 8.30pm, but they can cover later times as necessary. You're best contacting them directly for full information.

Well I emailed parking services and got this reply

Parking Attendants dont work after 8.30pm and they start at 8.00am. If there are any problems during that time you can contact our office on 0114 2736255.

So you can park where you want so long as its before 8am or after 8.30pm!

Here is a picture for issustration :-

http://images.epilogue.net/users/tonyhough/Mantis1.jpg

I've seen lots of these around hillsborough with yellow and black hats on! You know the ones I'm talking about. They are better known as Parking Wardens.... They Prey on unsuspecting students that go to Hillsborough College!

One of these horrible insects has had hold of our lass, as she started her first day on an Art course at Hillsborough college and got a ticket, Miss Joslyn stlyee for parking on a grass verge .... I wouldn't mind but there is absolutly no parking areas in Hillsborough and there are double yellows everywhere. You get clamped it you park in the dogs .... so whats a student to do???? Take public transport after paying over £5000 in insurance and taxes to get themselves on the road ...... DONT THINK SO!

I'm thinking of contesting this for her and just wondered if anymody has ever contested a parking ticket and won in Sheff.

Thoughts????

Thanks,

Gary.

Can she not walk from the nearest official parking space?

She's a student. C'mon.