Parking enforcement around Sheffield

The new Broomhill Residents Parking scheme comes into operation on Monday 4th September and improved levels of enforcement will be a feature. There will be a number of Attendants allocated to patrol the area every day. However, in the first two weeks of operation we will only be issuing warning notices to people who transgress in the limited waiting and permit parking bays, so that everyone has time to get used to the new arrangements.

Anyone wanting to report a parking problem which needs enforcement action can contact Parking Services on 2736158 email

In other words they will carry on doing exactly what they want to , whilst the rest of the tax paying , law abiding people get tickets...sick

and forget ringing numbers to complain...god are you serious?

Ordinary people will sort out this countrys problems, not police or politicians. They dont give a ****

Deepak S7 . . any chance of sending some of them thaar wardens down to S4

I have spoken to the Parking Services Manager who advises that all streets in that area are enforced with equal vigour. To show that we are actually enforcing in the area you mention: Severn Road 547 penalty charge notices issued in last financial year, Beaufort Road 579 notices issued.

This area is part of the Broomhill Residents Parking Zone and as I explained in my earlier post, there will be a number of Parking Attendants dedicated to patrol that zone every day. So enforcement should be even better.

These fines will not be paid, that is why the old traffic wardens did not bother to issue tickets . You already know all this stuff so stop bull****ting and tell the truth. Ask the cheif constable

These fines will not be paid, that is why the old traffic wardens did not bother to issue tickets . You already know all this stuff so stop bull****ting and tell the truth. Ask the cheif constable

I can assure you that any tickets issued are enforceable through the courts - and the City Council does follow up on tickets.

It's another of these anomolies that we see from drivers - we all want to keep the traffic flowing; we all want to park where it's most convenient / on the door step; yet everyone complains if they get a ticket. Last year, I went out with a couple of the parking attendants. I was absolutely astounded by the behaviour of some motorists. We were on one of the side roads off Ecclesall Road, an area that is reported to the Council by residents and traders as a problem area (Hotspot). I witnessed the attendants advising a number of drivers that they would get a ticket if they parked on the double yellow lines. Some accepted this advice and moved whilst others called their bluff. Drivers pulled up alongside me and saw the parking attendants issuing tickets. When I told them that the were likely to get a ticket if they left the car where it was, questions were asked about where there were signs to advise motorists. Apart from the yellow lines, I pointed out the notices on poles along the roadside - particularly funny when one woman had to step around the sign as she got out of her car. Pleasantly surprising was the comment from one trader that told me the wardens regularly checked if a driver was in one of the surrounding shops, giving the opportunity to move the car before a ticket was issued. Clearly, this flies in the face of the urban myths about wardens hiding behind hedges / walls / etc, waiting to pounce on motorists - but, hey, why let facts get in the way of a good story?

DRAGONSOUP

why do you keep refering to the chief constable when it has already been correctly stated that parking is no longer a police issue,also why keep slating the wardens they are issuing the tickets,what happens then is out of their hands if you want to rant at someone it should be at the administrators not the front line staff who can only do their bit.

On the subject of traffic wardens, we were in town the other day and there was a warden merrily slapping a ticket on a wedding car parked outside the townhall :shocked::hihi:

Anyone wanting to report a parking problem which needs enforcement action can contact Parking Services on 2736158

If I phone this number what are the chances of getting a warden out on a motorbike or van to issue a ticket to a dangerously parked car?

If so how long would it take?

Maybe I'll give it a go

Theres a van been parked at the bottom of Psalter Lane causing an obstruction on a double yellow all day.........

When the Broomhill scheme starts this week will you be stationing wardens around the schools off Clarkehouse Road?

I see its all now pay and display so there is nowhere to drop off private schoolchildren - I am fascinated to see how this pans out, I imagine (hope) there is a fortune to be made in fines

So, to be blunt, will you routinely station wardens round the private schools at 830am and 330pm?

Please please please :)

If I phone this number what are the chances of getting a warden out on a motorbike or van to issue a ticket to a dangerously parked car?

If so how long would it take?

I think I might give this a go starting next week when all the idiots start parking on the yellow zig-zags outside the school, when they come to pick up their kids.:thumbsup:

DRAGONSOUP

why do you keep refering to the chief constable when it has already been correctly stated that parking is no longer a police issue,also why keep slating the wardens they are issuing the tickets,what happens then is out of their hands if you want to rant at someone it should be at the administrators not the front line staff who can only do their bit.

I refer to the chief constable because that is who I was told to refer to by the people who dish out the tickets, which if you could be bothered to analyze my statement , you could have worked out without having to ask. Are you a copper?

I hear you can get in now with a size of 4'10'' and an IQ which is sub 100

unlike you i will not bother with childish insults always a sign someone is losing an argument,but will ask again if you are so intelligent why would you ask a police chief to comment on council policy regardless of what you were allegedly told.

I hope all Sheffield's parking tickets have both a date of issue and a date of contravention, otherwise they're not legally enforcable, as Leeds city council have found out to their cost:

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=39&ArticleID=1690664

Also for parking regulations to be enforced the signs and road markings must conform exactly to the laws in the appropriate road traffic acts. For instance if a double yellow line doesn't have a t-bar terminator or isn't continuous because it's worn out, then it's no longer enforcable.

I don't park illegally, but parking enforcement relies on both the council and the public following the rules. You'd be surprised how some councils (not saying Sheffield here) have tried to pull a fast one on drivers with regards to parking restrictions.

mmm interesting..

not sure about that one.

meanwhile, i am interested in becoming a treffic warden, how would I go about this?

:cool: