Parking enforcement around Sheffield

In 20 years I dont think ive ever seen more than a handful of traffic wardens in Sheffield

Now they are all over the place

Im talking in the last week or so

I know the residents schemes are coming on but Im talking Nether Edge, Ecclesall Road and Hunters Bar where there is no schemes yet

Whats happening?

Or is that obvious?

And if its income generation will we see a reduction in council tax?

So out of interest:

Has anybody had a ticket recently that they feel theyd have got away with a few years ago and does anybody have any knowledge of if there has been an increase in recruitment outside of the schemes in Broomhall and Broohill

It feels like it to me

Deepal_S7

They are all over Broomhill like wasps on a hot summer day in a bin outside the lolly shop! I got one just for nipping into a bank at Broomhill for 2 minutes.

If you want to get away with parking illegally join the throngs of people (dare not say what colour or creed as this is a leftie board) who go to prayers on Friday afternoon near to the Charles Clifford/ Weston Park Hospital/New Jessops area they block peoples drives park on yellow lines and generally do what they like, with not a ticket issued. If you confront the traffic people about this as I did they will state that ' The chief constable is aware of this'

THAT is discrimination.

I don't want to be picky, but, I am, so...

...I know the residents schemes are coming on but Im talking Nether Edge, Ecclesall Road and Hunters Bar where there is no schemes yet...

...Deepal_S7

...are not is...

...and, is it Deepak_S7 or Deepal_S7, c'mon, make your mind up...

...and, "Location: Kenwood"...

...so, what's it like living in a blender ?

:suspect:

With a post like that, you must work for the Sheffield Star.

;)

Dear Foo Fighter:

"Yeah whatever" is all I can summon up

So I have a crap keyboard and my typing skills are substandard

Dear dragonsoup

What you have said is unacceptable, I think it outrageous if this kind of behaviour is being sanctioned by the police.

Can anybody else back this up?

If not then I might consider driving next time myself

Deepak

Dear Foo Fighter:

"Yeah whatever" is all I can summon up

So I have a crap keyboard and my typing skills are substandard

Dear dragonsoup

What you have said is unacceptable, I think it outrageous if this kind of behaviour is being sanctioned by the police.

Can anybody else back this up?

If not then I might consider driving next time myself

Deepak

There has been a thread about this before which I think may have been pulled as usual by the pc brigade. This was some time ago but I can assure you that the same thing is still happening on Fridays. I notice as I take the car to my wifes workplace on a Friday sometimes and walk past the 'place of worship' on my way home. Ive mentioned it often to the wardens who will happily dish out tickets to people who have to be at Weston Park Hospital , but ignore the people visiting the university owned property that I mentioned earlier. Perhaps the University of Sheffield should be made aware of this

I see them outside my work (in town) on one of the side streets. Especially ticketing diasbled-badged cars, as they always thought they could park on there (double yellows) - obv not. Our delivery driver got a ticket at 8.30am on a Saturday morning - don't know how they think he's going to do his job!! Carting boxes up and down the moor.. they want him to go to a car park and load stuff up and down the stairs?!

Sometimes it's funny watching people get done, as you see them parking there, same time, same day of the week, just to run to other side of moor to go to cash point.. and it serves them right really!!! Then you see those just dropping people off, or mum's with prams that have been given a lift, or those with disabilities that, again, have been given a lift and they get told to move or they're going to get a ticket...

You'd think maybe they'd use their common sense and discretion in a situation like that but... obviously not!

In 20 years I dont think ive ever seen more than a handful of traffic wardens in Sheffield

Now they are all over the place

Im talking in the last week or so

Deepal_S7

Not one in Darnall and we could do with some, cars are parked across crossings by the asians and on double yellow lines. They are even double parked. the other day we were coming along main road opposite Dobsons when a car braked and an asian ran out of the papershop, low and behold they were chatting. By now we had a trail of cars behind all hooting their hooters before he went on his way again. This is not the first time this has happened but upteen times a day, also the taxi drivers when they park 1 car on pavement and 2 on the road all chatting noone can get passed. Upto ten years ago parking on pavements was illegal, but now the asians are doing it and nothing is ever said. There used to be 2 friendly traffic wardens on Darnall but since they have been put into the charge office, the corporation have taken over with their parking attendants they do not sem to have the power the traffic wardens had, now all hell has been let loose on Darnall.

I am not racist but i always speak the truth of what i see. I have been brought up that the truth never hurt any one.

Yep,ive noticed loads in walkley,particularly on south road.

Last week i was in netto,when one of the checkout women shouted to the customers that 'they' were coming-it was soo funny,as virtually the whole shop legged it outside to move their cars :hihi:

One reason guys.............. they are no longer linked to the police.........they are Sheffield City Council Employees. ..The more of them there are.........the more £££££££££££££££ for SCC.

The Police knew that responsibility for enforcing parking restrictions was being transferred to the Council for quite some time, so they ran down their Warden service, leving just a handful of them to cover the area. That's why you never used to see any. When the Council took over responsibility only 3 traffic wardens transferred to us.

The Council now have around 40 Parking Attendants so you will see them more often around the place.

The new Broomhill Residents Parking scheme comes into operation on Monday 4th September and improved levels of enforcement will be a feature. There will be a number of Attendants allocated to patrol the area every day. However, in the first two weeks of operation we will only be issuing warning notices to people who transgress in the limited waiting and permit parking bays, so that everyone has time to get used to the new arrangements.

Anyone wanting to report a parking problem which needs enforcement action can contact Parking Services on 2736158 email parkingservices@sheffield.gov.uk

Thank you Planner1

What you describe is exactly how it feels

No wardens then all of a sudden we have plenty to go round

Do you have any comment about the allegations behind the New Jessops on Fridays?

Clearly there are massive issues if it is true

Deepak

Thank you Planner1

What you describe is exactly how it feels

No wardens then all of a sudden we have plenty to go round

Do you have any comment about the allegations behind the New Jessops on Fridays?

Clearly there are massive issues if it is true

Deepak

I have spoken to the Parking Services Manager who advises that all streets in that area are enforced with equal vigour. To show that we are actually enforcing in the area you mention: Severn Road 547 penalty charge notices issued in last financial year, Beaufort Road 579 notices issued.

This area is part of the Broomhill Residents Parking Zone and as I explained in my earlier post, there will be a number of Parking Attendants dedicated to patrol that zone every day. So enforcement should be even better.