Someone doesn't like us- criticism of Sheffield

And what we've got HERE, is someone who sits at a PC and takes the mickey out of whole other countries; and yet probably thinks he's not offending anyone. :rolleyes:

Which whole country has Lestat took the p*ss out of??...If you're on about the fat american quote, Knowing Lestat he'll probably say he has a right after everything said about Sheffield on that guy's webpage....Anyway, I tend to agree with Les!

No wonder they call you dozey

Why thanks buck.;)

Sorry titian. Are you a teacher? Is it possible for you to have nice red hair? I dont think so!

Sorry to disappoint you but it's a yes to both :D

If the world in general wants to believe Sheffield's a sh*t hole, then so be it. We can still enjoy it.

I didn't realise people would take this so seriously. Sorry if posting the link led to any upset....

I'm not actually sure where this guy is from. Has anyone spotted a reference to his home town?. I'd be interested to know why he's so down on Sheff. I know loads of people who came here from all parts of the country as students or whatever and loved Sheffield so much that they stayed. I think anywhere can seem nice if you're having a good time. Maybe old Tartcider had personal problems when he was here?. Me I've no excuse - born and bred in Sheff and proud of it!!!.

Actually, I can tie it down a bit more than that - born and bread in Stannington and proud of it. I was born in me grannies house and live about 10yds from the spot!!. I'm sure 'Tarty' would think that was real sad!.

It seems he hit the spot.

Potential for local newscast outage:

Extreme. Residents seem to suffer from a misguided sense of civic pride (e.g. "we have lots of trees!"), and would no doubt claim their city far superior to the many surrounding it.

Heh heh - he sure does seem to have hit the bullseye doesn't he?.

Still, does that mean we shouldn't have any pride?. Maybe that's wrong with this country. I don't know how far back my families history goes in Sheffield, but I know my grandparents worked in the steel industry - and died there in the worst possible circumstances. I'm as inclined as anyone to take the p*ss, but I sometimes think it's easy to forget how much we have to be proud of.

Ooops, bit of a rant there...........

No wonder they call you dozey

Don't sound too bright your self if you have to resort to insults.:loopy:

I think the guy is likely Canadian. He makes reference to certain towns like Kingston, Ontario, and is a bit unkind to a town which has more going for it than Sheffield.

It seems he hit the spot.

Potential for local newscast outage:

Extreme. Residents seem to suffer from a misguided sense of civic pride (e.g. "we have lots of trees!"), and would no doubt claim their city far superior to the many surrounding it.

Sadly, George Orwell said more or less the same thing many, many, many years before...

After looking through the website my conclusion is that he is an American.