Unofficial SF Walkers Group Pub Meet Weds 6th Sept

So who'd be up for a break the ice, getting to know you pub meet next week?

It will enable people to meet up and discuss how they see the Walkers group progressing and it will provide an opportunity to "check out" prospective walking companions.

So any takers? It would be somewhere fairly central with real ale, but apart from that I'm open to suggestions.

What a shame I'm so far away, because a pub meet would be ideal to catch up on all the gossip. I'd love to hear what you're all talking about...

What a shame I'm so far away, because a pub meet would be ideal to catch up on all the gossip. I'd love to hear what you're all talking about...

Guess you'd have to be there!

I've a prior commitment, sadly, tho it'd be nice if I could join the group later on.

You sure you can't come up to meet the group, Hecate? How about if it were a Friday night, for example? Is that better for you, in future?

:)

Guess you'd have to be there!

Well not necessarily, but you're right; it would be nice to hear it first hand.

You sure you can't come up to meet the group, Hecate? How about if it were a Friday night, for example? Is that better for you, in future?

Fridays would be perfect. I'll try to fit it into the hectic whirl of my social calendar.

How 'bout the Cask & Cutler?

An excellent suggestion!

For those that do not know it The Cask is one of the Real Ale Meccas in Sheffield and is situated by Shalesmoor Tram stop.

I believe they have Budvar on tap for those people who prefer lager.

If anyone can suggest another option, my mind is open

If anyone can suggest another option, my mind is open

I think anywhere is good - there are so many people who have posted that they're interested in the SF Walking Group, but if they don't come forward and join in with the group, they're going to be forever wishing that they had someone to walk with.........

Come on, people....this is a chance for you to meet up with other like-minded people. You've only got to brave the pub-thing once (or PM taxman, me, or whoever), swop phone numbers and an indication of the sort of walks you'd like to do, and then you'll be done!

It's a whole big (moorland with me, woodland with others) world out there!

Sadly too far from Lincolnshire for a mid week meet, even if its at The Cask & Cutler :(

We (Mrs Grinder and I) hope to get to either a pub meet or a walk before too long.

Taxman

Mr Godzilla is at a conference, so "while the cat's away", I'll pop along and buy you a pint.

I think anywhere is good - there are so many people who have posted that they're interested in the SF Walking Group, but if they don't come forward and join in with the group, they're going to be forever wishing that they had someone to walk with.........

Come on, people....this is a chance for you to meet up with other like-minded people. You've only got to brave the pub-thing once (or PM taxman, me, or whoever), swop phone numbers and an indication of the sort of walks you'd like to do, and then you'll be done!

It's a whole big (moorland with me, woodland with others) world out there!

Some people may actually only be interested in posting and using information without actually wanting to get too deeply involved.

Personally I am not in to the pub scene and would rather a different and quieter meeting venue.

Some people may actually only be interested in posting and using information without actually wanting to get too deeply involved.

I think that's a fair comment and, of course, each to his or her own! I personally have thoroughly enjoyed the company recently of my new walking companions, but if other people don't want to actually MEET anyone to walk/talk with, that's cool too. :)

Personally I am not in to the pub scene and would rather a different and quieter meeting venue.

Ok, wendygs, you're a co-founder of the group - why don't you start a thread to see who else would be interested in this kind of event?

:thumbsup: