Wong Ting - Has anyone been?

I have been reading the chinese thread but its got a bit long. Has anyone been to the Wong Ting recently?? (was called Golden Dragon)

Its my wedding annivesary and although my hubby likes zing va we haven't been for a bit and have heard they rush you and staff not very clever so i fancy somewhere different.

Is it posh and are you rushed??

I went two weeks ago, on a saturday lunch time. The food is lovely, you have to try the 'Dim Sum' :) Prices are reasonable too. I wouldn't say its posh, the decor is quite modern for a chinese restaurant and the staff are friendly enough. All in all, a pleasant dining experience and highly recommended.

have you tried Candy Town? It's still an excellent place to go and the food is exceptional

Candy Town is excellent - back when I worked for Ladbrokes years ago the lads who worked there would bring us free food down while they were having a bet :D

Yeah I went in, food was good but I think I ordered the wong ting.

in terms of chinese food in sheffield, nothing beats Wong Ting.

most of the other places mentioned before are faux-Chinese, mostly modified to suit English tastes or ideas of what Chinese food should be like.

in terms of chinese food in sheffield, nothing beats Wong Ting.

most of the other places mentioned before are faux-Chinese, mostly modified to suit English tastes or ideas of what Chinese food should be like.

Gotta agree with this!! You can always tell when a chinese resaurant is good when the chinese eat there themselves. I went there last Tuesday and there were 4 different chinese family's eating there. Food was really good and service was really good. They were a bit quick with the starters, but didn't bother us as we were starving!!:thumbsup: But they did give us a break between each course so we could chat and give ourselves a min, thought it was excellent.

Highly recommend!

I would say the food is better at Zing Vaa but the service and atmosphere at Wong Ting are much better.

Wong Ting is the newcomer to the chinese restaurant scene. I've been there a handful of times now with my family. It is nice. I don't think it's posh, but no, you'renot rushed. It is a big place, so they shouldn't get that many overbookings like Zing Vaa.

I agree that you shouldn't be put off by the modern decor. Cos you're the paying customer at the end of the day.

The other places that I also recommend other than Zing Vaa is Dim Sum on London Rd.

Gotta agree with this!! You can always tell when a chinese resaurant is good when the chinese eat there themselves.

Lots of Chinese people eat at Jumbo #1, which is vile, and kind of dissproves your theory. I think this whole "Chinese people eat there so it must be good" thing is rubbish, English people eat at the Bankers Draft, it doesn't mean they do good English food.

I have been reading the chinese thread but its got a bit long. Has anyone been to the Wong Ting recently?? (was called Golden Dragon)

Its my wedding annivesary and although my hubby likes zing va we haven't been for a bit and have heard they rush you and staff not very clever so i fancy somewhere different.

Is it posh and are you rushed??

Wong Ting is nicer compared to Zing Va, been in Zing Va once, we were not rushed but they were too slow instead... Gosh ! we been waiting for about thirty minutes before the starter served, then another two hours before the main dish served, when we asked the waiter why it took so long for the main dish he said "two minutes"... then it turned out to be two hours waiting... ! :loopy: ZING VA not reccomended lol

sorry didn't realised u posted this thread http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1504606#post1504606