Anyone got any experience of Wutan International?

who did you train with in Choy Li Fut ????????

i trained with Sifu Ng up Newcastle fo some time.

No he's the one from Wales, teaching in Bristol and Middlesex Uni.

I've known the guy for a few years now, and a thoroughly nice chap he is too.

:huh: wasn't asking if you would teach it just how long you trained with him for.

been there did that & dont want to do it again.:hihi:

I'm a practitioner of Yi Chuan, Chen Style Tai Chi, Bagua and Kung Fu. I'd like to arrange a regular meet, maybe in the Botanical Gardens, for practitioners in Sheffield to train and push together. Any forms accepted, from simple fixed step all the way to full contact. Anyone from student to National Championship/Instructor level welcome. Having had regular meets in London for the last 6 years I've found this kind of meet to be hugely beneficial to all involved. Meets are also a great place to meet people interested in Internal arts and discuss/compare training methods and styles. Obviously no charge, the only requirement is a respectfull chivalrus attitude to martial training. Please email me if you are interested and I can start co-ordinating the meet. [email protected]

Looking foward to pushing with you,

Mischa

Hi, on the subject of Wutan, I trained with them in Nottingham for maybe a year or so back in around 2002. I enjoyed it at the time, and as my first foray into martial arts it was useful to work on my balance and some basics. Eventually I left their classes as I felt they tried to do too many things (Wing Chun, various forms of Kung Fu, something they referred to as 'Chinese Kickboxing') and as such the teaching was too dispersed across them all to provide a good grounding in any of them. Gradings also seemed to be a quesiton of turn up and pass, which caused me to question the ability of various higher graded practitioners and the quality of what I'd be learning.

I've heard they have connections to various Wushu practitioners of impressive pedigree, but my experience of them as a student was that I and a number of others I know of who trained at the same time as I did, left feeling slightly disillusioned. Most people I knew either went to kickboxing schools or Wing Chun schools, which I think relfects that it was a good 'way in', but perhaps not the best place to progress beyond that.

That said, there are clearly people on this forum who know far more than I do about the various arts Wutan teach, so I'm just giving this as an example based on my experience - nothing more.

hi Lincoln Hawk

they do like to do lots of different styles of kung fu and they do have some good wushu and san shou (Chinese kickboxing) students.

But I feel you are correct in what you posted.