The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Unofficial SF Walk Saturday 2nd September

Well there's nothing organised yet but does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, proposals or anything.

I'm sure if enough people are interested in getting out and about then the details can arranged by PM.

I can't do anything this weekend because I'm involved in the art show in the Botanical Gardens. Feel free to come and take a refreshing turn about the grounds!

Yes, and take some photos. I haven't been to the Botanical Gardens in years, and certainly not since the refurbishments. It'd be good to see what it's like these days.

Yes, and take some photos. I haven't been to the Botanical Gardens in years, and certainly not since the refurbishments. It'd be good to see what it's like these days.

I'm sure you can find your way up to Sheffield soon and can visit yourself ;)

I will be going to the art show one day this weekend but would also like to do a walk as well

I'm sure you can find your way up to Sheffield soon and can visit yourself ;)

Well, yes. But by the time I do, most of the flora and fauna will have disappeared. I love parks and gardens in winter (excellent opportunites to take stark photos for embroidery inspiration), but I'd like to see them in all their summer glory too.

When I was there a few weeks ago the grounds looked simply great.

I'd be up for a walk somewhere on Saturday, or failing that a trip 2 Botanical Gardens [never been there] :thumbsup:

I'd be up for a walk somewhere on Saturday, or failing that a trip 2 Botanical Gardens [never been there] :thumbsup:

The latter would be really nice especially if anyone had a good knowledge of plants and trees etc.

Sounds good to me too!

Be warned, folks, because of the art show you have to PAY to enter the site at the weekend. £2.50 / £3.50 if I remember rightly.

Rats - Saturday's out of the question; Anyone fancy walking around Endcliffe Park or there's a really nice park up by Chelsea Road (I thnk it's called, S11) off Osborne Road and Psalter lane.