Any ideas where I can get some manure?

The title is self explanatory really. The plot is on Hagg Lane and there's that riding school down the hill, with a huge pile of the stuff. It looks suspiciously unused...anyone tried to get it from there?

Be brave and phone them. Theres a stables near us that will deliver a load for a small charge (but this is Rotherham way).

Or, if you have transport & bags, they may even let you help yourself for free just to be rid of it :thumbsup:

There is a farm on the loxley road which does manure at a pound a sack. I dont know the name of the place but its on the road which goes from loxley to high bradfield. Go past the admiral rodney pub and there are 3 garden centres on that road. One of them is called Lea Bank, I think. If you go up the track to lea bank and keep going there is a farm at the top. It is all bagged up ready - I got some last year and it was well rotted. The bags are a bit 'oozy' though so make sure you put some plastic sheets down in your car or something.

I heard they used sawdust in the stables at Clough Fields so it's no good to put on the allotment as it sucks nitrogen(?) out of the soil?

I have a phone number for a farmer who delivers a huge amount (like a huge trailer full) for 40-odd quid. We got some last year. He dropped it outside the allotment and it took us 2 full days to transport it about 3 metres into the allotment. Still was worth it...

PM if you want and i'll try to find the number

manure actually dissipates nitrogen. which is why you should compost it.

obtain any horse manure and compost it for a year or so.or get well rotted stuff.

shavings or straw manure should almost look the same 'cos it should all have composted down before being used.(according to the bbc site anyway)

I got a trailor load (back of a tractor) delivered in February - the guy has advertisements on the allotment gates - 07977 054938 (cow manure)

The title is self explanatory really. The plot is on Hagg Lane and there's that riding school down the hill, with a huge pile of the stuff. It looks suspiciously unused...anyone tried to get it from there?

Go and ask them , they will be glad to get rid of it .