Revenge - How far would you go?

I think when someone does something so awful to you, you are upset and often want revenge, but going through with an act of revenge will come back on you again.

What goes around comes around, even if it was you who was hurt in the first place. In Budism they refer to what goes around comes around as "boomerang."

Something will happen to that person because they created negative Karma (action), someone will really hurt them at some point in their life.

Originally posted by Katsz1179

In Budism they refer to what goes around comes around as "boomerang."

Are you sure you're not confusing Buddhism with Australia? ;)

I'm probably getting a bit confused here, but can anyone tell me where they think revenge ends and justice begins?

What I mean to say is, if someone acted in a way towards me that I object to and breaks some law or legislation, I would exact my revenge by ensuring they face the penalties required of their actions. I would act legally and within the law and do my best to ensure they are dealt with by the legal system.

Now, this would be called justice, if they were found guilty and punished - but it would also serve as revenge for me, wouldn't it?

By ensuring justice is done, does that define me as having a 'personality disorder' ?

I don't know anyone who would not get angry, annoyed or upset when someone else goes out of their way to hurt them. I would view it as perfectly understandable for them to use the law if necessary in order to exact their revenge.