Sign in to follow this  

Rundle Road - Urgent Advice Please!!

Hi

We are moving to Sheffield and are having trouble finding a house to rent - we need to find somewhere in the next 3 weeks as we have jobs starting and a little baby!!

We have seen a house to rent on Rundle Road - it is advertised as Nether Edge but seems to be more in Sharrow? Reading peoples postings it seems that Nether Edge is great and Sharrow Lane is dodgy. We need to travel hundreds of miles tomorrow to look at the property but dont want a wasted journey if it is a bad place to be with a baby. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also wondering if there is a private rental market in Sheffield - it all seems to be through estate agents who do not seem to have that much going for us?

Many thanks for any replies

Barbara

I'm not a great expert on the area, but I think it will depend on which end of Rundle Rd you are on. At the Kenwood Pk Rd end its VERY nice with big expensive houses. At the other end around Montgomery Road it's certainly ok, but may not be for you.

Rundle Rd definately isn't in the "wrong" part of Nether Edge or Sharrow but the area does change quite markedly quite quickly around Wolstenholm Rd and Sherrow Ln, so you should probably pay it a visit with that in mind.

I think you should be fine though.

That mixed message is probably no use at all though is it ? :(:huh:

Rundle Road is a nice leafy road that leads up from Nether Edge towards the Hunters Bar. It tree lined and one of the only roads in the whole area not to have speed bumps!!

I have lived just around the corner for the last four years and had no problems at all. You will be no more than ten minutes walk from Hunters Bar and there are an abundance of nurserys round there for the little 'un.

If you like the house I would go for it.

While you are up, pop down to Hunters Bar, down Sharrowvale Road which is off the 2nd round-about at the top of Rundle Road, and have a look in the windows of the newsagents and post office as many privately rented houses are advertised here.

Cheers,

Sam