How can I tune my TV to get the local Calendar News?

I took all my ariels and satalite dishes down and put up a pudding tin.

Thing is now I can only get Yorkshire.

I don't think that you get seperate regional ITV channels like BBC in the 9**.

You'll have to do the following:

Press the top right blue SERVICES button

Press button 4 to go to SYSTEM SETUP

Press button 4 again to go to ADD CHANNELS

A to Z ITV1 Channel order set in this order:

10891 H Anglia, Border, Border Sco

10832 H Central

10906 V Channel Is, Grampian TV

10891 H Granada

10832 H HTV Wales, HTV West

10832 H London

10891 H Meridian

10906 V Scottish TV

10891 H TyneTees

10906 V UTV

10832 H W Country

10891 H Yorkshire

H or V is the polarity, the number is the frequency.

You might also find em on 10.891H SR: 22.0 FEC: 5/6

Try them all out.

But some of them are the same ????? :confused: :confused: eg Granada and Yorkshire 10891 H what am I missing

Im glad its not just me who cant get south yorks news!

My tv has also been known to pick up tyne tee's local news before now!!

The communal aeriel here in Jordanthorpe gets Calendar East, and can't receive five, which is irritating. I don't get the cricket highlights, certain football matches, etc .......

lol I get the Lincoln local news too - I tried to re-tune my TV but failed! I'm now going to try the tips in this thread! Thanks! :)

:( We have cable it's downstairs, I'm using the traditional TV viewing method of aerial on window, I'vetried moving it too - maybe I'll just have to be happy with the goings on in Lincoln and be pleased I don't live there when they tell me which roads are closed/ jammed!

All explained on the Sheffield Transmitter page (under Local transmitters) of aerialsandtv.com

IT is not just a matter of tuning your tele you require a different aerial for each transmitter ans a seperate cable

IT is not just a matter of tuning your tele you require a different aerial for each transmitter ans a seperate cable

Also the aerial for Crosspool (group "A" red) should be used with the elements vertical, not horizontal as most of the main transmitters need.

BeansFY

I'll save thee the trouble of tuning in. Calendar, EVERY WEEK features a variation of the following; This has been passed into law now and MUST not deviate

Story of v.sick persons 'brave' battle against illness(at least 6 times a week):(

Car/lorry crash at an obscure Yorkshire village- usually running into the only pub. Camera points to pile of rubble that used to be the local

"We're hopin 't pub might be saved, but we're not sure yet:huh: " said a spokesman(i.e.the first passer by they collared, usually a clueless burk that hasn't got any idea whats happened)

'fun' item about a dog that went missing then came home- or any variant on this involving a family pet.

Camera points to ageing mongrel curled up in basket in council flat kitchen

Pet owner "We accidently left Fred in Skeggy in 1981 when we were packing the car to go home, and what does tha know? last week he turned up at our back doo-er- amazing in't it?" interviewer agrees it is- cut back to studio and faux shock from presenters:gag:

5-10 mins of updates of Leeds United/Ken Bates ranting:rant: /or Rhino's(if they're doing well that week)10 seconds of Weds/United news(if we're lucky).

What seems like an hour of inane banter/pretend flirting from the presenters.

Story about a closure of a hospital/school with outraged obscure M.P. launching doomed 'keep our school/hospital open' campaign (repeat EVERY week until it closes).

Minor local celeb talking about his new 10second cameo in Emmerdale or even small budget English movie. gets grovelling treatment by interviewer as if he's DeNiro. Film of course, goes 'straight to vid' and obscurity

Finish with 14-year old weather girl:D telling us in various different ways it might rain next week.

BeansFY

I'll save thee the trouble of tuning in. Calendar, EVERY WEEK features a variation of the following; This has been passed into law now and MUST not deviate

Story of v.sick persons 'brave' battle against illness(at least 6 times a week):(

Car/lorry crash at an obscure Yorkshire village- usually running into the only pub. Camera points to pile of rubble that used to be the local

"We're hopin 't pub might be saved, but we're not sure yet:huh: " said a spokesman(i.e.the first passer by they collared, usually a clueless burk that hasn't got any idea whats happened)

'fun' item about a dog that went missing then came home- or any variant on this involving a family pet.

Camera points to ageing mongrel curled up in basket in council flat kitchen

Pet owner "We accidently left Fred in Skeggy in 1981 when we were packing the car to go home, and what does tha know? last week he turned up at our back doo-er- amazing in't it?" interviewer agrees it is- cut back to studio and faux shock from presenters:gag:

5-10 mins of updates of Leeds United/Ken Bates ranting:rant: /or Rhino's(if they're doing well that week)10 seconds of Weds/United news(if we're lucky).

What seems like an hour of inane banter/pretend flirting from the presenters.

Story about a closure of a hospital/school with outraged obscure M.P. launching doomed 'keep our school/hospital open' campaign (repeat EVERY week until it closes).

Minor local celeb talking about his new 10second cameo in Emmerdale or even small budget English movie. gets grovelling treatment by interviewer as if he's DeNiro. Film of course, goes 'straight to vid' and obscurity

Finish with 14-year old weather girl:D telling us in various different ways it might rain next week.

You forgot the fire in a factory/warehouse in Wakefield/Bradford/Dewsbury/Huddersfield/Pontefract/Castleford/Halifax (rotate according to the day of the week).

The communal aeriel here in Jordanthorpe gets Calendar East, and can't receive five, which is irritating. I don't get the cricket highlights, certain football matches, etc .......

That's because your aerial will be tuned to the Belmont transmitter. You will need a wideband aerial to receive five, because its UHF channel is not in the same group as the other 4 - group A. Having said that, nearly all of the digital MUXs from Belmont are out of the group.

That's because your aerial will be tuned to the Belmont transmitter. You will need a wideband aerial to receive five, because its UHF channel is not in the same group as the other 4 - group A. Having said that, nearly all of the digital MUXs from Belmont are out of the group.

Bet if I had one of my old DXing aerials I could .......

<fx: reminisces about the days of 'proper' short wave radio programming ........>