What was the gay club called that used to be around the corner from Planet/Rockys???

Well cannot remember the pub name, but we used to go to one, and walk the back streets to get to Rockies, through the factories area, no idea what the place was called.

It was Cavaliers, it had a quite nice beer garden out back.

It was Cavaliers, it had a quite nice beer garden out back.

Yes thats the one, its all coming back now.

Anyone know who owned it ?

Cavaliers used to be owned by Michael Snailham aka Rockies until he eventually sold it to Alan and Angel aka The Planet

Cavaliers used to be owned by Michael Snailham aka Rockies until he eventually sold it to Alan and Angel aka The Planet

I wonder where they are now ?

The Cossack died, IMO, when The Planet owners got hold of it and turned it from a normal pub into a neon and glitter gay nightmare, alienating 90% of the regulars.

Completely agree with that! I remember the good old Cossack well, i was a customer for a few years then ended up working there for about a year before I went to Uni, those pound a pint nights were great, especially because Paul didnt mind that we drank a few behind the bar, David was a bit of a nutcase though

Cavaliers! thats it, it did have a great beer garden at the back!.. I met my first lady lover there!:)

Cavaliers was run by Stella who is now running a bar in Blackpool near Flamingos.

Continuing the "remember when" theme, anyone remember Rockshots in Leeds and that bar that was underneath it ?

I swear every time I went there Hazel Dean was on, I'm sure she lived there.

Cavaliers was run by Stella who is now running a bar in Blackpool near Flamingos.

No, surely not Stella as in Miss Stella Artois? As in the Mardi Gras in Blackpool? :o :o :)

lol god i remember stella artois xx

No, surely not Stella as in Miss Stella Artois? As in the Mardi Gras in Blackpool? :o :o :)

a-ha oh yes!

the very same one x

:hihi:

a-ha oh yes!

the very same one x

:hihi:

NEVER! :o

Stella is great - Sunday afternoons down the Mardi Gras! :banana:

I knew she had some ties in Sheffield but never knew about this.

Wait til I see the old lush! :hihi:

Hey Nick2

The bar under Rockshots in Leeds was called Bannanas and do you also rember the barman from Newcastle name was Brian.

They were the days

Paulnz