Where can I buy a memory foam mattress and are they worth it?

i am looking to buy a memory foam matress and would like to know if anyone has one, are they worth the money and do they really work?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I,ve got one that I use on a bed settee realy made a big difference,the mattress was a bit thin and this made it much more comfy.

I saw one of these at Costco recently. Quite a thin thing, but very comfy. It seems to go on top of your matress and makes it more comfortable. They also had memory pillows.

Bit pricey though, I could get a matress for that price:o

I'd like to improve my memory, but I don't think I could eat a whole pillow, let alone a matress.

i am looking to buy a memory foam matress and would like to know if anyone has one, are they worth the money and do they really work?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've had a full-thickness one for a couple of years. They're very comfortable I find, as they mould round you. The girlfriend doesn;t like it much, as she's used to a much firmer one at home. Says she feels trapped in it, as it moulds round her!

Only snag is - it is very hot in hot weather - it insulates so well you feel hot and sweaty where it fits round you.

I looked at these last time I changed my mattress but bought a Dunlopillo one instead. It's Latex which is a natural product and they do covers in 100% cotton rather than that shiny poly/cotton stuff. It's heavy but you don't have to turn it, though I do rotate mine rather than turn it right over. I can honestly say it gives a great nights sleep.

You can buy a foam memory mattress topper which is a lot cheaper but still does the business. My sister has one and highly recommends it. You can buy them on eBay. I also have a foam memory mattress and I find it a lot better for my back.

With owt like this you get wht you pay for........... you can get cheap memory foam mattresses but they won't do the job as well as a quality one. As has been stated they can get very sweaty in hot weathr but you can get ones that combat this, such as having springs in with the foam. If you are buying any mattress you should go and lay on it first see if it suits you. Try your local bed retailer they will have the expertise to point you in the right direction....

I just bought a new bed and mattress from Discount Beds on Alderson Road, although went for a pocket sprung mattress rather than a memory foam one. It has the same effect as the memory foam one but I liked it better (and I can confirm it's VERY comfy - have trouble dragging myself out of bed now :D!)

They do sell memory foam mattresses too so it'd be a good place to go to test them out.

I suffer with chronic back and leg pain so find it difficult to get a good nights sleep. I bought one of these mattresses and its fantastic, it keeps cool in the summer

http://www.topsleep.co.uk/acatalog/TopSleep__Triple_Layer_Memory.html

Got 2 free pillows with it as well and they are really good.

The girlfriend doesn;t like it much, as she's used to a much firmer one at home.

Fnar fnar :)