Anyone going to see the Queen when she comes to Sheffield on May 22nd when she opens the winter gardens :D

I wonder what HM will make of our city?

Do you think they'll clear up the mess that was Surry Street last time I was in that part of town?

I would like to go but sadly shall most likely be on holiday, I respect and admire our Queen as I think she is the best, and most dedicated of all the Royals. Also she has had a lot to put up with in recent years, all the divorces, fire at her castle, death of Diana, the Monarchy losing popularity, and last but not least she is very brave and strong.

Definitely not. I'm not in favour of the royal family and would give them all early retirement if I could.

Ahh... I sense a good opportunity to hand-out some SheffieldForum flyers! Anyone want to give me a discount on printing? :wink:

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Ahh... I sense a good opportunity to hand-out some SheffieldForum flyers! Anyone want to give me a discount on printing? :wink:

i'll print it for free dont call me slaterpublications for nowt

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Ahh... I sense a good opportunity to hand-out some SheffieldForum flyers!

I heard her maj uses the internet... perhaps you could get a link from the buck house website? ;)

Originally posted by "Andy"

I heard her maj uses the internet...

If that's true, I won't type what I was going to in fear that she may read it and execute me for treason! :lol:

But in short, I don't agree with having a (german/greek) Royal family. :lol:

Did anyone see the 100 worst Brits programme?

The queen came in at number 10.

We are not amused. :lol:

Originally posted by "Jon"

Anyone going to see the Queen when she comes to Sheffield on May 22nd when she opens the winter gardens :D

Do we get the day off to go and see her. If so then I'm all for it.

Anyone going to see the Queen ... when she opens the winter gardens

Isn't she a bit late for that?

The British royal family are Germans, their name is "Wetting" and as you say Prince Phillip is a Greek Prince, they changed their name to Windsor for obvious reasons.

However, who are we to criticise as we are all mongrels anyhow, germans, french, Italians, Danish, Swedish, Norway, everyone is a mixture of races in whichever country they live.