Recommendations for Garden Centres / Nurseries / Online Gardening Resources

Ok - it's a bit far from Sheffield - but the one at Tansley / Tibshelf (Near Matlock) called Scotland's Nursery's is a great one. Was just looking around and it's so nice to be approached by a knowledgeable nurseryman who actually gives a damn about what you are buying!

My favourite garden centres are:

The Dukeries near Worksop: Quite big with good choice of plants and now even an aquatic centre where you can buy pond fish. Makes a good day out since there is also a small musem, farm shop and small restaurant next to it.

PSI- Plants of Special Interest in Braithwell, Rotherham. A bit of a trip from Sheffield but well worth it. As the name says they don't have the normal plants which makes a change. They've got loads of different trees too.

The restaurant/cafe attached to it had really good food that's why it is always busy.

Tickhill Garden Centre in Doncaster, Tickhill: Also fairly big with loads of different plants too chose from.

Ok - it's a bit far from Sheffield - but the one at Tansley / Tibshelf (Near Matlock) called Scotland's Nursery's is a great one. Was just looking around and it's so nice to be approached by a knowledgeable nurseryman who actually gives a damn about what you are buying!

Matlock garden centre round the corner is good too.

This allotment bible gives a calendar based on an allotment in Leeds, as well as full information on each veg.

link

:thumbsup:

if you want somwere local visit here

http://www.waysidewatergardens.co.uk/index1.htm

54 kilometre round trip seems a bit excessive. are there not any gaerden centres actually local that are selling water plants at the minute?

this is the best watergarden place in our area

As others have already suggest I like Wentworth Garden Centre too, but it is a tad expensive.

My other favourites are Cannon Hall Garden Centre in Barnsley, great garden centre, cafe, country park, large house and kids farm to look round too.

Not far from there is also Tom Horsfields, he is an International Rose Grower and the setting is beautiful it is in, his daughter runs the Potting Shed restaurant also on site which has fantastic food.

If you want some great clay pots just past Cannon Hall is Naylors who make clay pipes, but they make fantastic pots too at a fraction of the costs elsewhere charges.

Not sure what it is called but passed one on I think it's Manchester Road towards Broomhill, yesterday, not far from Weston Park Hospital (Wyvern or something like that) fantastic plants at reasonable prices too.

There is one in Chapeltown - forget the name but its sort of behind the jet station. There is also a fruit & veg shop next to it. Will probably be going soon so will post the name and name of the road.

54 kilometre round trip seems a bit excessive. are there not any gaerden centres actually local that are selling water plants at the minute?

As an update, I got some great aquatics two weeks ago from a greta garden centre, very reasonbale prices, very extensive stock, just off a littlwe roundabout on the way to batemoor/ jordanthorpe/ lowedges estates on the southern perimter of sheffield.

Today we have been to Dore Moore Nurseries and they had got some lovely veg plants ready for planting, really nice quality.

As an update, I got some great aquatics two weeks ago from a greta garden centre, very reasonbale prices, very extensive stock, just off a littlwe roundabout on the way to batemoor/ jordanthorpe/ lowedges estates on the southern perimter of sheffield.

do you mean newleaf gardencentre

http://www.newleafplantcentre.co.uk/