Recommendations for Garden Centres / Nurseries / Online Gardening Resources

I can reccommend New Leaf garden centre on dyche Lane Sheffield S8 on the road to Coal Aston

I bought some good plants from there last week end - apparently owned by the same people as Dunston garden centre a few miles closer to chesterfield - also worthy of recommendation.

Id like to reccomened my dads friends place which is an Alpine centre at Calver! Its a great centre which stocks lots of home grown alpine plants that are great for rockeries!

It is on Froggatt road, derbyshire and is open fri, sat and mon 10am-5pm and sunday from 1pm - 5pm. Though closed january and February

Iv found a like to it though so here you are http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/products.php?productId=127&categoryId=2327&page=1

Lee dragged me along to the 'Dukeries' near Worksop the other day to check out the competition. I have to say their Christmas stock is excellent.

Wentworth garden centre is pretty good albeit a tad pricey.

My sister keeps raving on about Tong garden centre - although I have no idea where it is!?!

I went to one a few months ago in Leicester - I can't remember the name, (will find out) It really was fantastic, probably the best I've ever been to.

EDIT: Apparently, it was called 'Woodlands'

There's a Tong garden centre on the southern outskirts of Leeds. it is good, but I doubt it has anything sufficient extra over the more local places to justify a special trip.

I have ordered something from gardening express and its taking ages. Its an online garden centre, so I wouldnt recommend it. Its also hard to chase them up.

Id like to reccomened my dads friends place which is an Alpine centre at Calver! Its a great centre which stocks lots of home grown alpine plants that are great for rockeries!

It is on Froggatt road, derbyshire and is open fri, sat and mon 10am-5pm and sunday from 1pm - 5pm. Though closed january and February

Iv found a like to it though so here you are http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/products.php?productId=127&categoryId=2327&page=1

Supposed to be the UK's leading expert on Alpines -so is definately the place to go :)

I strongly recommend > http://www.meadowmania.co.uk/ for wildflowers, bulbs, grass seed, bird feeders etc.....

Excellent service, cheap & hassle free, used them a lot this year & I'm very satisfied with everything purchased.

loxley garden centre going out to bradfield has an excellent choice of exotic plants.bamboo, palms, tree ferns, and most other types of exotics. the prices are very low compared to other centres and b&q. they also can help with planting advice,winter care. excellent place.

I know it has been mentioned already but I like wentworth garden centre. It has a good selction of seeds, thomson and morgan, suttons along with others plus the same cheep potato seeds that wilcos stock. It has a beautiful garden for walking around and every second sunday there is a farmers market there selling organic veg, baked goods, fish, meat, pickles and cheese to name a few.

I don't think it is the cheepest for plants and not sure if they propegate/ grow their own plants but it is a great afternoon out, lovely cafe with home baked goods and pet shop. There is even a little farm for the kids and a nice play area.

loxley garden centre going out to bradfield has an excellent choice of exotic plants.bamboo, palms, tree ferns, and most other types of exotics. the prices are very low compared to other centres and b&q. they also can help with planting advice,winter care. excellent place.

If this is the one further down the road that the Admiral Rodney is on, I went here last week.

I agree the prices are competitive, but they had hardly anything in.

Strawberries - no not until Spring. Seed potatoes, next month they said. I got my terracotta strawberry planter from there though, and also bought a bird bath which was very reasonable. I walked round the perennials but there wasnt anything to excite me. It was almost as if they were still shut for Christmas.