Recommendations for Garden Centres / Nurseries / Online Gardening Resources

I am looking for a decent place for Trees - mixture of conifer and broad leaf for different places. They seem hard to find at most of the more commercial nurseries - and whilst I feel so sorry for many of them that have been neglected - i don't want to pay a lot of money for them - and then they die on us.

So many of them are also grafts - which puts me off.

I am looking for about 10 - and so need them to be reasonably priced also.

I have been going to garden centres for years & I dont think you can get a better local one than Markham Grange at Brodsworth although it is not as cheap for the young plants as it used to be in comparison.

Right folk's in your opinion what's is the best garden centre within the local area?

Mine is dobbies in chesterfield but only because they sell tropical & coldwater fish and plants so i can get thing's for my fishkeeping and gardening under one roof :D

The shop at Hagg Lane & District Gardeners' Allotments Society

http://hagglaneallotments.blogspot.com/

Ridiculously cheap and well worth the couple of quid membership!

And no, I'm not involved in the running of their shop, just a member :D

I don't have a favourite, but I wish there were more in such a large city! :hihi:

I recently bought some fab planters from http://www.pottydeckor.co.uk

I gave them some unusual shape/sizes for a wee space and it now looks a lot tidier.

Now all thats left to do is get my veggies into my veggie bed and some bark down in the kids play area happy days.

:love:

Right folk's in your opinion what's is the best garden centre within the local area?

Mine is dobbies in chesterfield but only because they sell tropical & coldwater fish and plants so i can get thing's for my fishkeeping and gardening under one roof :D

I went to Dobbies and for an allotment keeper that tries to keep the cost of producing vegetables as little as possible there prices are extortionate to say the least. If you want value then Wards garden centre on Marsh Lane. Also do fish there too.

N Fulwood & sons on munsbrough lane, kimberworth, rotherham. these are the guys who have a stall in rotherham market on a saturday. really cheap. go to the bottom half of munsbrough lane though as its in 2 parts, also not far away is the one on the end of clough road. not as good but its only 10 mins away so you might as well have a look

Wentworth......................