Fungi Foray - Saturday 14th October - Glen Howe

Well im going to have a sneak around bardon hill and the woods there this weekend to see what i can scoff.

I mean identify.

if your into your fungi there are some woods next to st swithuns church, holmesfield. Yesterday i had a walk through and there was at least 20 different types of mushrooms: http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=435000&Y=380000&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=pc&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=50000&multimap.x=147&multimap.y=378 owler lee woods i think

Sounds fab. Put me on the list of interested persons...

I will be there too! I will also be able to give a bit of background into Glen Howe Park's history if anyone is interested - we are also hoping to restart the Friends of Glen Howe Park group so if you enjoy the Park there will be opportunities to get more involved!

I will be there too! I will also be able to give a bit of background into Glen Howe Park's history if anyone is interested - we are also hoping to restart the Friends of Glen Howe Park group so if you enjoy the Park there will be opportunities to get more involved!

That would be useful especially as fungi can't be guaranteed. Its a nice spot to have a stroll ariund anyway and any information you have would be greatly appreciated

Hello - Would newbies be welcome? - I'd love to come on this walk and maybe bring Mr Goose and the goslings along too.

Hello - Would newbies be welcome? - I'd love to come on this walk and maybe bring Mr Goose and the goslings along too.

Of course you'll be welcome :thumbsup:

Sorry taxman, as I mentioned at the meet on Monday, I have to work alternate Saturdays, and I`m working that Saturday I`m afraid otherwise I would have come. Hope ye find some, but knowing you as a fun-guy, it shouldn`t be a problem!

Incidentally, am checking out an area close to me this weekend , around Wortley Park, with a view to suggesting a walk from High green, thro Westwood Country Park and on to Wortley Park at some point in the future. Do you think ppl might be interested in this?

Incidentally, am checking out an area close to me this weekend , around Wortley Park, with a view to suggesting a walk from High green, thro Westwood Country Park and on to Wortley Park at some point in the future. Do you think ppl might be interested in this?

Sounds good. I have no idea about that area of Sheffield so it would be good to explore new places