Totally and utterly unofficial Stanage walk !

Went on a fab walk with SHsheff and A N Other to Stanage today, testing out my new boots and braving the elements :P

Saw an extremely low flying twin-prop plane [see photos below], lovely fields of heather and people throwing themselves over the edge supported by a few bits of Nylon :thumbsup:

Photos are here :

http://www.rtapper.plus.com/Stanage%20-%20Sheffield%20Forum%20Walk/index.html

Thanks again to SHsheff for the invite :thumbsup:

Damn and so**ing blast! I got SHsheff's invite too late and had already gone out doing dodgy Taxman stuff.

Bear in mind for future though that us hard pushed civil servants can usually be persuaded to abandon our hammocks on a Friday

Ah, well, taxman..... is it my fault that you can't have your mobi turned on when you're doing dodgy taxman stakeouts? :suspect: You're just TOO CONSCIENTIOUS!

I still reckon that plane was a remote controlled toy, Grissom. It was just too low and too small to be real. And you can magnify the pics all you like to make your theory seem more plausible....... :P

Is anyone else getting together through the Walking Group yet? Please post your exploits if you get together with fellow members, so we can see who's going where and whether you've walked routes that you'd recommend to the rest of us.

I hope the Sat meet goes well. I shall be walking near Huddersfield somewhere on Saturday but will hopefully squeeze some more walks in next week.

And I suppose they planted miniature fake sheep on the hillside to fit in with the size of the plane ? :suspect:

Methinks someone is jealous 'cos they didn't see the plane first, and thought it was a glider :P

And I suppose they planted miniature fake sheep on the hillside to fit in with the size of the plane ? :suspect:

They could have been early Giant Puffballs:hihi:

Hmmmmm. At least I didn't expect anyone to believe a tall tale about sheep-the-size-of-cows, like A N Other who walked with us today......:suspect:

Grissom, are you able to grab my deer and stick them on your website so we can link to them? I wouldn't mind seeing if anyone else has seen a herd of wild deer roaming the moors *.......

And taxman, since the walk with you the other day I've started seeing funghi all over the place. You'll have to think about doing an unofficial forum funghi walk sometime!

*Edit: location removed to protect innocent deer from lowlife who might decide to take an interest if they know they're there...:|

Hmmmmm. At least I didn't expect anyone to believe a tall tale about sheep-the-size-of-cows, like A N Other who walked with us today......:suspect:

Grissom, are you able to grab my deer and stick them on your website so we can link to them? I wouldn't mind seeing if anyone else has seen a herd of wild deer roaming the moors at the back

And taxman, since the walk with you the other day I've started seeing funghi all over the place. You'll have to think about doing an unofficial forum funghi walk sometime!

Actually I was. If I was to pick a place it would be Glen Howe Park - one of the least known of Sheffields treasures

Grissom, are you able to grab my deer and stick them on your website so we can link to them? I wouldn't mind seeing if anyone else has seen a herd of wild deer roaming the moors .......

Done - see here :

http://www.rtapper.plus.com/Deer/index.html

:)