Egg and grapefruit diet - anyone tried it?

I want to lose about 3-4lb and have tried every diet going (and exercise) but it just won't shift. My mum had a friend that lost loads and loads of weight years ago on the egg and grapefruit diet. I haven't been able to find much out about it and my mum has lost touch with this friend but I'm really interested cos apparently nothing else worked for her until she tried this. I guess the diet isn't JUST egg and grapefruit:hihi: so does anyone have any more info about it?

Haven't tried it but here's another method you could try - read the labels on the food you eat and make sure you eat less than 30g of fat each day for 1 month, or less if it works sooner. It takes at least a week for it to kick in. No more than 30g of fat, no matter what food you have. Just remember that if you have a Mars Bar - you can probably only have rice cakes for the rest of the day, spread it out.

Yes I have tried it and it works. You would loose a pound per day but need a lot of willpower. I dont mind it as i like eggs/tomaotes and grapefruit. I doo this one frequently. It s name is the Mayo Clinic Diet.

LOTS OF EGGS - stand down wind Please.

DO you want the Menu for the week? if so PM me on Tuesday

but at a 1lb a day thats mainly going to be water or the crap thats stored in your intestines.

1lb body fat is 3500 thousands calories. Try not to drink with meals it will slow down digestion and eat fruit on an empty stomach as this digests in the intestine and not the stomach.

Good Luck

Yes I have tried it and it works. You would loose a pound per day but need a lot of willpower. I dont mind it as i like eggs/tomaotes and grapefruit. I doo this one frequently. It s name is the Mayo Clinic Diet.

LOTS OF EGGS - stand down wind Please.

DO you want the Menu for the week? if so PM me on Tuesday

1lb per day?? This sounds even better than I thought it would be:) From what I've heard it does burn fat off not just water because of the enzymes in the grapefruit and low carbs and it seems healthier than the Atkins diet. I like eggs and grapefruit but wasn't sure what else was OK to eat. Will prob PM next week. Thanx. If anyone else has tried it please tell!!

1lb per day?? This sounds even better than I thought it would be:) From what I've heard it does burn fat off not just water because of the enzymes in the grapefruit and low carbs and it seems healthier than the Atkins diet. I like eggs and grapefruit but wasn't sure what else was OK to eat. Will prob PM next week. Thanx. If anyone else has tried it please tell!!

i want this diet too! will google and if find anything, will report back!!!

What I do is keep a diary of what I eat , add the calories up.

It sounds weird but it's the only thing that works, my objective is about 1,400 calories a day.

Of course it takes more time but the weights stays off.

What I do is keep a diary of what I eat , add the calories up.

It sounds weird but it's the only thing that works, my objective is about 1,400 calories a day.

Of course it takes more time but the weights stays off.

I've tried this but it just hasn't worked. Am doing the egg and grapefruit now so I'll hopefully be able to get this weight off in the next week or two. I think sometimes you have to do more than the usual calorie counting and exercise thing to speed up the metabolism.

An egg and grapefruit diet to be honest sounds horrific!

My sister did the cabbage soup diet and complained that she not only lost no weight it made her breath smell like erm toilet.

After such a dramatic weight loss of 1lb a day, as soon as you eat 'normally' again I guess the weight lost will be put back with a few more pounds?

When I decide it's time to lose a few pounds, I replace all the cakes and sweets I eat with fruit, and generally eat a bit more healthily - works every time! But then old habits creep back and I find I'm back on fruit rather than sugar!

An egg and grapefruit diet to be honest sounds horrific!

My sister did the cabbage soup diet and complained that she not only lost no weight it made her breath smell like erm toilet.

After such a dramatic weight loss of 1lb a day, as soon as you eat 'normally' again I guess the weight lost will be put back with a few more pounds?

When I decide it's time to lose a few pounds, I replace all the cakes and sweets I eat with fruit, and generally eat a bit more healthily - works every time! But then old habits creep back and I find I'm back on fruit rather than sugar!

The point of the egg and grapefruit diet is that the grapefruit enzymes and low carbs make your body more efficient at burning fat so the weight stays off (unless you stuff your face with cakes of course :hihi: ).

arrh, sounds tempting... scrambled eggs with grapefruit mixed in.

on a serious note, this diet has been around a long time. bear in mind an increase in cholesterol, and the fact that as soon as you slip back into old ways, the fat content will be absorbed quicker.

good for a quick fix, followed by a 'sustained' change in eating habits after month 1.

shopping trollies at the ready...