Egg and grapefruit diet - anyone tried it?

The first 2 weeks you can have very little salad items... I actually craved lettuce, as i often go in the fridge and nibble on cucumber, lettuce etc... :P Atkins is evil!

Don't bother with the Atkins diet, just cut down on carbs in general, like have some with your lunch but none with your dinner, it works, it's a lot more gradual but you do lose weight. You need to keep exercising though to burn off the existing bulk.

So let me get this straight...

I can have:

2 Egg whites and 2 rashers of bacon for brekky...

Any kind of salad with any kind of dressing for lunch...

Red meat and veg (apart from spuds) for tea...

Glass of milk at bedtime...

Provided that I dont eat between meals and that I always wash it down with grapefruit juice?

Yes that will work. Remember to include whole grapefruits everyday as well though. Good luck:thumbsup:

Yes that will work. Remember to include whole grapefruits everyday as well though. Good luck:thumbsup:

Sooo... todays food has been/will be as follows...

Breakfast - Didnt have time for the eggs and bacon palarva, so I just ate 1/2 grapefruit and had a cup of black coffee....

Lunch - Chicken and bacon salad with caesar dressing... Was well yummy and am beginning to doubt whether or not I can actually have things like caesar dressing... But it did say "Any kind and any flavour".... Then a glass of grapefruit juice after...

Tea - Gotta have this early as I'm working at 5pm... Am going to have steamed veg (No tata's tho) then half a grapefruit :D

Bedtime will be a glass of skimmed milk...

Exercise today is 6 hours working as a waitress... I'm usually catching myself coming back :roll:

Been sipping water all day...

Is this right?

Sooo... todays food has been/will be as follows...

Breakfast - Didnt have time for the eggs and bacon palarva, so I just ate 1/2 grapefruit and had a cup of black coffee....

Lunch - Chicken and bacon salad with caesar dressing... Was well yummy and am beginning to doubt whether or not I can actually have things like caesar dressing... But it did say "Any kind and any flavour".... Then a glass of grapefruit juice after...

Tea - Gotta have this early as I'm working at 5pm... Am going to have steamed veg (No tata's tho) then half a grapefruit :D

Bedtime will be a glass of skimmed milk...

Exercise today is 6 hours working as a waitress... I'm usually catching myself coming back :roll:

Been sipping water all day...

Is this right?

It's about right but you have to eat more grapefruit for it to work really fast. Also try to eat more eggs instead of bacon and chicken. Good luck

How Much Has Everyone Lost On This Diet Then????

Well I gave up on this one as I felt really sick having a glass of milk in the evening... Yet I really craved a bit of milk... Hmm not good...

However I have lost 9lbs in a month from moving out of home, into a house with no toaster or microwave, meaning that I've had to cook for myself... (Or eat ready-done salad) :hihi:

I call it the tight-ass-student-diet :hihi:

Well I gave up on this one as I felt really sick having a glass of milk in the evening... Yet I really craved a bit of milk... Hmm not good...

However I have lost 9lbs in a month from moving out of home, into a house with no toaster or microwave, meaning that I've had to cook for myself... (Or eat ready-done salad) :hihi:

I call it the tight-ass-student-diet :hihi:

Did u eat whole grapefuits?

Did u eat whole grapefuits?

On the egg/grapefruit diet? yeah course i did... I just didnt like the fact that I felt obliged to throw up after the milk curdled with the acid from the grapefruit!

try holland and barret, i have herbal meds that help speed up wour metabalism as well as a healthy diet and they have worked for me!

On the egg/grapefruit diet? yeah course i did... I just didnt like the fact that I felt obliged to throw up after the milk curdled with the acid from the grapefruit!

Well I asked cos some people drink grapefruit juice instead of eating whole grapefuits which I'm afraid just won't work:(

It's best to avoid drinking milk too much on this diet but if you have to, drink milk on an empty stomach or yeah, as you found out it curdles it bit:gag:

Even if you're not doing the egg and grapefruit diet you should always eat fruit on it's on own, not after a meal cos it ferments in your stomach otherwise.

My mum tried that when I was a kid and uuggh she didn't smell so nice and had a sour look on her face.

This sounds like a good way to lose weight fast.