BBC Gardener's World tonight (25th August)

Monty Don, Rachel de Thame, Carol Klein, Sarah Raven and Joe Swift will be based at the magnificent Botanical Gardens in the heart of the city to host the GW Plant Swap before hitting the streets of Sheffield to explore its unique horticultural diversity. The GW team will visit viewers' front and back gardens to offer practical advice and help out with every aspect of horticulture from managing scale insect to coping with cherry canker. They will also meet local gardening gurus, discovering ground breaking garden design, tracing the horticultural heritage of the city and finding out just what makes Sheffield the vibrant, successful and green city it is today.

should be worth watching this :thumbsup:

They came to my house as I have one of the best urban gardens in the area

I thought this made Sheffield look fantastic - but I admit they didn't visit anywhere remotely controvertial - the wildest part of the town they visited was Heeley City Farm! Doesn't anyone in Darnall, Fir Vale, Pitsmoor, Wincobank, Burngreave etc have a beautful garden? Even the allotments looked superb!

I thought this made Sheffield look fantastic - but I admit they didn't visit anywhere remotely controvertial - the wildest part of the town they visited was Heeley City Farm! Doesn't anyone in Darnall, Fir Vale, Pitsmoor, Wincobank, Burngreave etc have a beautful garden? Even the allotments looked superb!

You've made me laugh, I never thought of Heeley as a 'wild' part of town. ;) Maybe when I've had too much Magners...

I liked the bit about the guy from the farm not minding kids scrumping for apples. I'm gonna go down with my hair in pigtails and see if I get away with being a kid scrumping. Plus I've had my eye on some nice cherries on the trees down there for a few days now. ;)

am sad I missed this. Quite liked monty's books however as a new gardener woulde like to play an active role in the allotment comunity in the new year so maybe next year eh :banana:

loved the roof-top garden on that building in Rotherham ! what a cool idea :thumbsup:

Can't believe the lovely Rachel de Thame was in Sheffield :heyhey:

Good programme - nice bit of publicity for Sheffield. :thumbsup: