Do you compost?

My composter is sat on paving stones (we have a back yard rather than a garden). I was hoping that wood lice and maybe some worms would find their way in. Will this be alright do you think, or does it need to be sat on soil?

The usual recommendation is that it needs to be on soil for tiger worms to get in. I've never put a bin on anything other than soil. Guess you'll know the answer in a couple of weeks.

Is it possible to transfer some tiger worms from another compost bin? We're got hundreds of worms so I'm sure people around could spare a few. Don't know whether they need to retreat into the soil though. Sorry not much help...sure others will have done what you have and will pass on their experiences.

so my next question I guess would be, if I add some soil, does anyone have some worms they could give me? I'm in Hillsborough. Thanks!

Another soultion is to add some manure to your compost bin (great compost accelerator too). The stuff I buy from Heeley City Farm is brimming with tiger worms. (£1.50 a bag)

I didn't know the farm sold manure, great thank you!