Registry Offices - any good 'uns

:confused::help: Hey all,

I wonder if anyone could help me out. Me and the missus are getting hitched next year sometime, but we are trying to do it on the cheap(ish) so we can take the kids to Florida for our "honeymoon".

The only problem is, I live in Worksop, and the registry office is right on the marketplace. I don't fancy standing outside having my photos done with some geezer shouting about his paaarnd ar apples for 30p!!!

I know most of you aren't from my neck of the woods, but I would be really grateful for any advice. I know there are offices at Retford, Mansfield and Chesterfield, but I don't know what they are like.

:help::confused::huh:

Chesterfields's RO is right under the shadow of a multistory car park, with a mini bus station opposite.

not very picturesque at all, TBH

Cheers guys for the info.

I think it is safe to say that I will be steering clear of Chesterfield RO. Donny and Retford are definitly worth a look though.

Hey Strix, do you know what days the market is on in Retford?

Have you thought of Sheffield Town Hall. Very nice inside and out. You can have pictures in the peace gardens.

We're going to a wedding at Chesterfield registry office on Saturday. I can see on google maps the multi-storey car park next door, but I'm really struggling to see how you get to it! Can anyone give directions from Sheffield via the M1, ending in a convenient car park?? thanks!

we got married in sheffield reg office and it was great, really beautiful place and nice staff, photos in wintergardens and a house party afterwards. cost hardly anything, no stress and everyone enjoyed themselves. Then spent money on a lovely honeymoon! Highly recommend it, i think the more people spend on their wedding day the more there is to be stressed and dissappointed about. I am sure you will get your cheap wedding and nice holiday with kids and the actual venue prob won't matter much in the end.

We're going to a wedding at Chesterfield registry office on Saturday. I can see on google maps the multi-storey car park next door, but I'm really struggling to see how you get to it! Can anyone give directions from Sheffield via the M1, ending in a convenient car park?? thanks!

Take the A617 into Chesterfield-1st roundabout 3rd exit-2nd roundabout 2nd exit-Take your 1st left straight after the roundabout-You'll see the Vicar lane Car Park is on your right, and is only 2 min walk from registry office-or if you want the car park behind to the registry office, Take your 1st left after the registry office, and follow the road round to your left.

This is an old topic I know but i just wanted to Share a good news story. I went to the registry office, looking for some information. The staff where very helpful but unfortunately they could not help me with my request.

While i was there rifling through various documents that i had brought to show, I dropped my driving license(of course i didn't see it).

So for three days i was frantically checking the lost and found section on here as well as calling into the police station to see if any kind soul had handed it in.No luck, but after three days it popped through the post, one of the staff at the registry office had found it laying on the desk and had sent it back to me.

I cant thank them enough for that. thought they deserved a mention:love::love:

Rotherham Register Office is in the main Council building opposite the Police Station BUT the Museum is also the Registry Office so you can get married in Clifton Park Museum (as far as I know, at no extra cost) - see http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/200067/marriages/771/ceremonies_at_clifton_park_museum.

There is a car park outside and a gorgeous park for photographs. The building next door is known as the Garden Rooms and you can hire a small room in there for a reception http://cliftonpark.org.uk/cpm/hire