Unofficial walk Thurs 24th August - Ladybower/Stanage

Another good walk! Just metalman and myself, for various reasons other people who might have come along couldn't, but enjoyable for all that. Ladies, I can tell you that he was fine as a walking partner - not an axe in sight (tho he was carrying a ruck sack... :suspect:). I'm pleased to make another new walking acquaintance!

We loosely did this walk http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=135184 (starting off near Ladybower on the A57, and up onto Stanage Edge and back round) although it was such a glorious day that we made it a bit longer.

Sunshine, a bit of breeze, high cloud, heather in full bloom, wonderful views over Ladybower reservoir, Lose Hill, Mam Tor and over onto Kinder. A real treat of a day to be out.

Thanks to metalman for PMing me to introduce himself. Oh, and thanks to BlankFrack for PMing as well, or we wouldn't have met on yesterday's walk over Burbage.

:)

Indeed a good time was had by all, or both to be exact. Conditions were indeed pretty much perfect for walking really - occasionally a little bit boggy underfoot but nothing that a detour of a few feet couldn't solve. And for future reference we encountered no navigational difficulties at all, even on the bit where it says there's no path (though we managed to find something that approximated to one a little further along the track).

Nice to meet you too, SHsheff.

If I've managed to work this Photobucket thing right, there should be some pictures from this walk here.

Cool pics! And proof that we didn't spend the afternoon in the pub, too! :hihi: