Welcome to the SF Allotment and Gardening Group!

Hi all,

Firstly, thank you to Geoff for setting up the SF Allotment and Gardening Group!

The SF Allotment and Gardening group is a place for established gardeners

and novices alike. Here you can ask for advice on everything from dealing with pests through to creating water features; get help sourcing particular plants, seeds or equipment; recommend local gardening centres and good online resources and share your top hints and tips. The SF Gardening and Allotment group will cover topics relating to the 3,000 allotments in Sheffield and is also a place where proud gardeners can share photos of their handy work with other green fingered forummers!

Unfortunately, we're a little late for the main growing season, but Zweena and I (group leaders for the SF gardening and allotment group) are looking forward to seeing your posts and pictures!

:banana: Great news Tracie!!! :)

I'm sure we can keep ourselves occupied quite easily through the winter months too though ;)

Thanks Tracie and hello everyone! I've got a big :-) on my face while reading about the new group. Really looking forward to seeing all the new posts, and hopefully picking up some useful tips!

Zweena

Wow, Ive only just noticed this group.When did it start ?

Wow, Ive only just noticed this group.When did it start ?

Only very recently Pattricia - some relevant threads have been brought through from previous postings. And welcome!

Only very recently Pattricia - some relevant threads have been brought through from previous postings. And welcome!

Oh, I see.Thought I had seen some threads before.I read where they kept asking if a group could be started, but didnt know it had.I think it will be very successful,as there isnt a lot to organise really.Thanks Geoff.

hello there,

great to know there is an allotment forum out there,i've just rented one in the rivelin valley,very overgrown and needs alot of clearing but i am looking forwards to making a start but i think i will need some help,would anyone know someone who has gardening experience and would like to earn some spare cash to do some digging and ground clearing

thank you

claire

Hi Claire

I'm afraid OI can't recommend someone to help with clearing your allotment, but I just wanted to say say welcome to the SF gardening and allotment group! Looking forward to hearing how you get on with your allotment :thumbsup:

Hello group. Im at grimesthorpe allotments, looking forward to my second growing year (the first year was just clearing 10 years of debris and bramble)

Damnit I don't have an allotment! :( am on the waiting list for highcliffe (the nearest to me is Rustlings Road but I didn't fancy a 6-year wait). I think I've got a year and a half of my 2-year wait left.

BTW Trotter.... I'll help with your allotment if you like? I'm trying to remember if the Rivelin Valley ones are where my frind Ceri keeps her pet chickens...

Hi Tracie

Could you take note of the thread on the Sheffield Forum site re Roe Wood Allotments meeting with council etc. on 27 Jan.07and pass info onto your friends.

I'm a new member of Sheffield Forum and I'm still finding my way around... I'm very slowly working on an allotment in Rivelin Valley, it was pretty overgrown when I got it, and had a small shed/outbuilding at the bottom of it. Even though it was falling down and missing some walls, the yobs still decided to burn down the shed last summer (oh hurrah)... planting in some hedging to secure the place shortly, hopefully that will help...

Is anyone else actively maintaining an allotment on Rivelin Valley? It'd be nice to meet some other folk down there, it seems quiet most of the time I'm down there these days :(