Youth and poverty in Darnall

Hi everyone,

I'm writing my dissertation about youth and poverty in darnall - anyone have any views?

What is it like to grow up there? Had any problems with asbo kids, crime etc? Hate the place? Love it? Let me know!

Thanks, H x

Poverty in Darnall!!

Personalised number plates,Mercedes, People Carriers,BMWs, Volvos.I see all these whilst walking my dog,

Darnall is not the deprived area I read about in the newspapers!

Thankfully we haven't had a problem with kids for a couple of years. Pensioners are more vulnerable to muggers etc than myself but I think these problems occur in all areas.

Hi everyone,

I'm writing my dissertation about youth and poverty in darnall - anyone have any views?

What is it like to grow up there? Had any problems with asbo kids, crime etc? Hate the place? Love it? Let me know!

Thanks, H x

i grew up in darnall i have lived there all my 24 years untill i moved to shirecliffe recently if you want you can pm me your questions and i can try to help you the best way i can :thumbsup:

Hey, i just want to know your experiences. How did you find growing up, school (which one) did u pass exams, go to uni, get a job? What were your family like? how do you feel about unemployment, health issues, the state of education? What were the other kids like while you were groing up? Do u feel like people look down on Darnall? Have you ever felt it disadvantaged you being from there?

It was recently found the poorest area of the UK, did u know that? how do you feel about it?

Answer whatever you like, tell me what you think is important even if i've not asked. just have a ramble - all your thought s are useful. Cam't PM yet, don't have enough posts!

cheers, H x

I dont know much about Darnall, but you could try the Darnall Forum - they have links with Job Match and might be able to give you some more info. They are based on Main Road (near Wilko's and the post office) in Darnall, sorry dont have phone number/email for them.

good luck with your dissertation :)

Yeah, thanks. i've spoken to them. They're great - can't believe how much they do with so little money!

x