Old shops in Sheffield - Info required

Can anyone answer the following questions....

1) In what year did Redgates Toystore close? Has anyone any idea who owned it, and the reasons why it closed? I have looked on the net and cant find anything. Has anyone any photos of this great missed store.

2) Was there a large Tip Top store on the Moor. Im sure it was where Superdrug is now, a similar concept to Superdrug.

3) Was there another Poundstretcher store in Sheffield, apart from the old one on the Moor (currently JJB Sports) and not the one on Queens Road Retail Park, for some reason I think there was one down Haymarket or am I wrong....

thanks...

I'm sure that Redgates was a family-owned store and there was either no one to pass the business onto or no one interested in it.

It ended up as Hamleys's (however it's spelt) but there was an 18 month period between when it was owned by someone else.

As with all the Suggs sports shops which have unfortunately gone, it proves that a well run local business is far better than the major National and International conglomerates. Better run, better choice and unique to the area.

Redgates shut in 1988,due to competition from toys r us ete>

redgates was owned by a family called Nunns. Mr Micheal Nunn being the managing director.

I'm sure that Redgates was a family-owned store and there was either no one to pass the business onto or no one interested in it.

It ended up as Hamleys's (however it's spelt) but there was an 18 month period between when it was owned by someone else.

As with all the Suggs sports shops which have unfortunately gone, it proves that a well run local business is far better than the major National and International conglomerates. Better run, better choice and unique to the area.

what was Redgates on furnival street ended up as yorkshire Coop for many years until that closed a few yrs ago

Can anyone answer the following questions....

1) In what year did Redgates Toystore close? Has anyone any idea who owned it, and the reasons why it closed? I have looked on the net and cant find anything. Has anyone any photos of this great missed store.

2) Was there a large Tip Top store on the Moor. Im sure it was where Superdrug is now, a similar concept to Superdrug.

3) Was there another Poundstretcher store in Sheffield, apart from the old one on the Moor (currently JJB Sports) and not the one on Queens Road Retail Park, for some reason I think there was one down Haymarket or am I wrong....

thanks...

Yes, Superdrug was formerly known as Tip Top.

Sh2006.