Anyone on Prozac?? (fluoextine)

I started it 4 days ago, and i feel so sick to my stomach. Is this normal??

If you read the literature supplied it will list all possible side -effects.Do you really trust strangers to give accurate advice on these matters rather than a GP?

ive been on them for 6 months now...dr too me off seroxat and on these...

They work fab for me..good luck and hope the sickness passes..

I've been on them for 16 years now and still have to take ranitidine to protect my stomach. All i remember when I first took them was sleeping, sleeping , sleeping ... But my doctor said that my body obviously needed it.

My daughter has had it and can't take it as she shakes constantly.

My friend had it and she couldn't sleep ..

They do take a good 3 weeks to start to do their job, so stick with it for a week or so but as others have said, don't just stop them .. See your doc.

I started it 4 days ago, and i feel so sick to my stomach. Is this normal??

I too was on Fluoextine when I was going through really bad post natal depression. Definitely stick with them for a while longer. They worked for me. You may feel very tired that was the worse side effect for me but thats just the tablets relaxing you from feeling so tense and up tight. I only took them for 6 months and so far not had to go back on them but I wouldn't hesitate going back on them if I needed to. There is a lot of scare mongering as far as anti depressants are concerned but all I can say is mine has been a positive.

I think mine settled after a few weeks. They can take between 4-6 weeks before you see a real improvement in yourself but of course its not just the tablets that have to work at it, its yourself too.

Depression is a lonely terrible thing. Good luck with it and as you can see from peoples comments on here you do get better :)

I suffered terrible nausea when I was on fluoxitine a few years ago. I found that sipping peppermint tea through the day really helped me. It doesn't work for everyone but it might be worth a try. xx

I hope that whatever is causing you to feel so awful at the moment clears soon and that you get the help and support you need. If you ever feel lost there's always plenty of us around you can talk to. xx

Salut, ca fait un bail ;-)

As an OCD sufferer, I had to take Fluoxetine twice: once because no matter how much counselling I had, I just needed a bit of extra help for a while. Therapy did work and in the long run I'm glad I've done it's been really useful, but I see medication as extra help for tough times- of course, that's MY situation and I can't speak for anyone else. It's just a bit simplistic to say: don't take the meds, find out about the roots of your problem. It makes sense, but things are never that clear-cut.

In terms of side effects, I had anxious bouts -especially at night- and my heart was going really funny; I was advised to have a glass of very cold water at hand and sip every now and then when the side effects were bad, don't ask me why but it helped. Anyway, after a few weeks all that was gone, and honestly my OCD symptoms disappeared. When I decided to go off them because I wanted a child, I made sure I went off them very gradually, and it went pretty smoothly. You may find that it works for you, or that you need a different type of med. Bonne chance!