Sheffield Freecycle

Hello

Does anyone know how to unsubscribe to Sheff freecycle?

Im getting over a hundred emails a day and dont even use it anymore.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem Kate. It's bloody annoying isn't it?

I've mailed the moderator's but they say they don't know why I'm receiving them (even though I've opted out of receiving mail from the site)

Keep us posted if you find anything out.

There should be some kind of unsubscribe thread somewhere. I also use Sheffield Freecycle but have never received a single email.

Used to get emails from them but I definately turned it off. Can't remember where exactly but it's in there somewhere (or at least was). Have a dig around.

Used to get emails from them but I definately turned it off. Can't remember where exactly but it's in there somewhere (or at least was). Have a dig around.

I've had a dig around a few times.

I've spoken to the mods of the site who have checked my settings. I shouldn't be receiving mail apparently and they don't know why I still am.

The thing is, I don't really want to leave the site because it's a handy way to get rid of things....

:(

I did wonder about leaving and then rejoining...

same here!! had to just sack off that particular email account after unsubscribing 6 times!!!!

you need to go to the settings and deselect the receiving email updates etc. and select to just visit the website. Its in your preferences. This way you can still be a member but not receive all the spam.

Well I have sent the email to unsubscribe, hope it works.

Will let you all know if it does.

Thanks for all of your advice.

you need to go to the settings and deselect the receiving email updates etc. and select to just visit the website. Its in your preferences. This way you can still be a member but not receive all the spam.

I've already done that! That's why I'm so frustrated! The mail still keeps coming. Their Mods don't even know why I'm still receiving mail...

Grrrr @ Freecycle!

Deleting the e-mail account may be the next step I think....:(

You could set up a Freecycle folder on your email account and direct all emails from Sheffield Freecycle to that folder. That way the emails don't go into your inbox and you don't even have to read them. It's quite easy to do on Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.

Yes, or indeed you could filter the messages straight to your trash. Can definitely do this on Yahoo. I do this for filth... don't want to be seeing that sort of thing!