'Lost' series 2

was anyone lucky enough to obtain an apollo bar from forbidden planet?

This weeks show was great. WTF was SHE doing in the hospital/asylum?

I took her being there as meant to lead us to think that the whole thing is indeed a figment of Hurley's imagination - that the whole Island scenario is going on in his head, and is not in any sense real at all. Layers within layers in Hurley's disturbed subconcious.

I got the feeling myself that that scenario is just a red herring thrown in by the writers, to make viewers go "Aha! Now I know what's going on!". But I think it's there essentially to mislead.....

Although I do think part of it was to indicate that there are real-world connections between all the people on the Island, whether they are aware of them or not. (Hurley was clearly not aware of the woman's real-world (sorry, don't know her name) presence in the asylum).

This becomes more clear in the next episode - stop reading now if you haven't seen it yet! I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that in the Niagara Falls scene with Rose and the bloke proposing to her, in the background you can see one of the other women on the Island sitting at a nearby table to them, but not being focussed on at all.

So, these are all people who are linked to each other in life, who keep turning up in each other's lives, consciously or not. That is what makes me think that they all have some sort of shared Fate, and that is why Fate (Dharma) is the subject of the story.

StarSparkle

Sounds like its getting a bit like the Final Destination films

Even so, I cant stop watching

This becomes more clear in the next episode - stop reading now if you haven't seen it yet! I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that in the Niagara Falls scene with Rose and the bloke proposing to her, in the background you can see one of the other women on the Island sitting at a nearby table to them, but not being focussed on at all.

StarSparkle

Well spotted, I didn't notice that at all, but I have noticed similar things like cropping up. I remember in one episode the tv was showing a news broadcast of Hurleys lottery win, although it was just in the background and noone was watching it.

There are loads of links of characters turning up in each others story lines. I won't go into detail as I've seen all the episodes and can't remember if the ones I could give as examples have been shown yet.

It's not in Hurleys mind, the writers confirmed at the beginning that it was "actually" happening, it's not a dream or a hallucination, it's not purgatory or hell.

This week back to normality if you can call it that. Fancy getting hauled up in a cargo net with Kate and all you can think of is getting out. SAD

Watched the episode last night on E4...... What the hell is going on!!!???

Is Micheal one of the others, there seemed to be a look between him and henry?

Does the docs farther have anything to do with it?

Did the others really want to take Lock onto there side or was Henry just trying to cause a spilt in the camp?

Too many questions, not enough answers!!!

Did the others really want to take Lock onto there side or was Henry just trying to cause a spilt in the camp?

May I ask a favour, that you don't post spoilers on this thread? This was started especially for spoilers.

Ta

:)

Sorry, I didn't consider it a spoiler as such as most people I know watch the show on E4 to get to see things as soon as possible. The things I've said are in the public domain, its' not as if I've seen it via an illeagal copy.

But from now on I shall refain from commenting on the E4 showing as not everyone has access to digital channels.

Consider my hand slapped!

Wow.......post in error.

Sorry.

I don't know what the protocol here is, so I'll leave a few spaces to avoid anyone seeing who wants to wait to see yesterday's E4 episode:

My take on it is that Michael has indeed been taken over by "the others" - that was what that exchanged look between him and Henry was all about. They got him back far too conveniently.....

I may be wrong, but I suspect he's laid a trap for the castaways, by giving them a totally false sense of security regarding "the others" - I hope Jack and co won't be stupid enough to attack the enemy camp, or I suspect they'll get a very nasty shock.... :suspect:

I await the next episode with interest.

StarSparkle

May I ask a favour, that you don't post spoilers on this thread? This was started especially for spoilers.

Ta

:)

That's all very well, Ann*, but no-one except you's posted on it for nearly a year! :o

StarSparkle