Teething megathread - ouch!

calpol! don't administer in the dark though, unless your babby has pink sheets.

I have tried giving him some calpol but didn't seem to make much diference although is brilliant for after injections

i swear by anbesol, and have also used the ashton and parsons teething powders to good effect, both from lloyds chemist. I've been lucky so far though, dd is 11 months and no sign of teeth lol

My sister used these things called bicipegs (sp?) she got them from supermarket and they worked a treat during the day. they're like biscuits but so hard they don't break up. She gave my niece bicipegs in the day then calpol and gels at night. That way she wasn't constantly on medicenes.

i swear by anbesol, and have also used the ashton and parsons teething powders to good effect, both from lloyds chemist. I've been lucky so far though, dd is 11 months and no sign of teeth lol

swear by anbesol too chic. use it with both mine

Teetha granules worked for us too, with both children.

My sister used these things called bicipegs (sp?) she got them from supermarket and they worked a treat during the day. they're like biscuits but so hard they don't break up. She gave my niece bicipegs in the day then calpol and gels at night. That way she wasn't constantly on medicenes.

My mother did suggest the bicipegs but i cant give them to him until he's 6 months so will have to try then. They actually sound brilliant! Thanks every1 for your replies:)

Babycamrat is going through the same thing. Constantly drooling, chewing everything he can, and constantly rosey red cheeks. Found baby nurophen (sp?) works well when he is having a full on cry, but I've never heard of these powders. Where do you get them from?

You can get them in any pharmacy and boots. Although I cannot find Nelson teetha anymore.

HI, I've read through all these posts and have found some really useful advice but I thought I'd look for further reassurance that all this will end soon by posting a ....er..thingy...my little boy is 10 months and has slept like an angel for most of that time until suddelnly.. he is waking first just early (5ish) then through the night once and now is waking every hour or so and is just inconsolable.. will fall asleep in my arms but as soon as i lie him back down in his cot he screams and it all starts again... I resorted to having him in bed iwth me last night which seemed to settle him but I don't want to get into bad habits! I am in shock and feeling very tearful and exhausted and don't know hiw much longer i can cope with this! he is crawling and pulls himself up to his feet so when he wakes in the night he instantly pulls himself onto his knees and then to his feet and screams and there is no lying him down... is anyone else going through this or been through this.. tell me it'll end soon.. what do I do??? I'm giving him medised at night.. doesn't seem to do a thing,.. bonjela (he screams) calgel..(he screams) fozed teething rings etc etc.. oh...and he's also completely refusing to drink any milk... (he is formula fed) so I am panicking about his calcium and iron levels too.... HELP!!! I have the health visitor coming this week and will pour it all out to her (poor woman) but I thought I'd look for help here...

anyone.....anyone..... sniff :-(

oh yeah...I didn't metion that he is definately teething... he has the bottom two which came through no bother a while ago and the top two and the one to the left of them.. but now I don't know which ones are coming but he is clearly in pain and is drooling for britain... poor little angel... he is asleep on the bed with his dad at the moment.. can't even put him in his cot for a nap now... phhewwwwweeee... :-(

my lil man is 10 months and cross cutting, and he's got 5 teeth on the top with another 3 coming through but only 2 teeth on the bottom with no signs of any more coming through on the bottom :suspect: his bums also been really sore and i mean to the point where its bleeding, the doctors have gave him cream but nothing is shifting it, any suggestions??