Sign in to follow this  

Wrought iron railings?

Hi can anyone recommend someone to supply & fit metal fence/rails for my outside steps pls.

Ta

Hayley x

Didn't they cut off and melt down all the railings during the war to make false teeth or something?

false teeth? ew...maybe not wrought iron then, but metal ones...and soon

Didn't they cut off and melt down all the railings during the war to make false teeth or something?

It was War propaganda Howie.

Railings were collected from homes to make the british public think they were helping with the war effort.

They were actually collected and dumped out at sea!.

I've got a friend who makes and fits his own wrought iron railings.I've recommended him in the past to various people and they've all been very pleased with the end result.His name is Dougie and his number is 07949445310

not desperately helpful as i can't remember their name, but we had our railings done by the people next to the entrance to centertainment (the entrance opposite the arena). They were really really good about me being really awkward (custom made railings), and the guy that came to fit them did an amazing job - not only did he not get the primer anywhere on the path or anything, but he fitted the railings really well (on a slope, on a very narrow wall). if you can be bothered to find their name they might be worth a try.

many thanx 2 u both, I'll give em a call :)