We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

Unofficial Walk Saturday August 26th

Well the confirmed runners and riders for this are:

Me

Strix x 2 plus dog

Purdyamos

tamarindl plus dog

see you there

(any late entries welcome)

Really? I thought she was a 50 year old bloke... ;)

Mods Note: Now now, play nice!!

Sorry, taxman. I'm taking your thread off-topic too, and that'll never do... I'm not used to all these rules and regulations; we're a lot less uptight in the Knitting Group ;) .

Does Kim Deal have fuzzy chops and big dangly ears then? :suspect:

Does Brude have a drink problem? :confused:

Sorry, taxman. I'm taking your thread off-topic too, and that'll never do... I'm not used to all these rules and regulations; we're a lot less uptight in the Knitting Group ;) .

Don't you prefer it when I'm being forceful;)

Well another successful walk I think without a mad axe murderer in sight.

The five of us plus 2 dogs had a nice ramble up the Porter and down the Limb and met Alpacca, Llamas, piglets, horses and assorted other dogs.

And a pint in the pub to finish off.

Thanks to all who came:thumbsup:

I really enjoyed the walk. I've done the Porter so many times, but not with a botany expert on hand to point out the plants and fungi (and yes, as I said I would, I've forgotten most of it already!) Taxman modestly left out that we saw a big picnic table he'd made when a ranger, complete with barbecue burn-holes in the top. It was a pity the BBC lied so reliably about the weather, until we reached the 3000 steps, then we were grateful it was cool and damp.

I've had a packed fortnight meeting lots of forummers, so it was great meeting The Strixes and Tamarind.

It was also great fun sharing the walk with the four-footed superstars Adelaide and Brude. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship; though heaven knows what the children would look like!

We'll find out soon if Brude gets his way :rolleyes:

I didn't check this thread before we left, so I hadn't realised it was you Purdyamos!!

It was great to meet some new people, and a new friend for Brude :D, and next time I'm determined to ensure I get to hear all of Taxman's botanical info - which I missed this time whilst trying to keep a stray Beagle under control :(

We went home the long way round, with a labrador sleepily resting her chops on the retracted boot cover :hihi: Thanks for the cup of tea Tamarindl :)

It'll probably take a week to get the mud out of Brude's hi-vis, and I'm hoping I'm still fit for Edale tomorrow, but we had a fantastic walk covering some bits we've been to before, but had no idea it was possible to link them all up!

Fantastic group Taxman & Wendy :) Thanks for starting it all!!

(Where's these piglit pics then Tamarind? :) )