Unofficial Walk Saturday August 26th

(repeated from health and safety awareness thread)

Taxman - would you say saturday's walk is a 'good pair of walking shoes', 'dog walking boots' or 'proper hiking boots' kind of event?

Are there any 'escape' points en route? and where are they?

I was thinking about this earlier. I would normally do this walk in my comfy, well worn in, everyday walking boots. However there is one stretch at the top of the Limb Valley that was very muddy last time I went down so I'd be more tempted to wear my heavier duty boot.

There are a few points where people could dip out. They could decide to get to Forge Dam Cafe and simply double back, or get to Ringinglow near the Norfolk Arms Pub and catch a bus, or after exiting Whirlow Hall Farm onto Ringinglow Road, buses can be caught. No-one is going to be force marched. If people want to have a couple of pints at the Norfolk Arms then they can, and make their own way afterwards. Similarly some people might want to visit the Farm Shop for some free range eggs.

I haven't checked the weather but we aren't going far from civilisation!!

would like to add to more names for this walk, two legs : Tamarind & four legs : Adelaide. :)

I've just got back from a delightful meander around Burbage with SHsheff and Grissom (thanks again for inviting me SHsheff) and hopefully they will confirm that I wield neither an axe nor any overly offensive personality traits.

Another thumbs up from me - BlankFrack doesn't carry an axe :thumbsup:

Although SHsheff seemed convinced I was gonna push her over a cliff :(

And yes I can also confirm that SHsheff is indeed female and not a bloke as some people seem to think :confused:

Pics taken on our mountain expedition can be seen here :

http://www.rtapper.plus.com

and follow the Burbage link from there :cool:

Thanx again for the invite and the history lessons !!!

Although SHsheff seemed convinced I was gonna push her over a cliff :(

I can't believe you said that (hehe) - I thought we were friends! I can't help it if I nervously look over one shoulder before going within ten foot of a drop, can I? :P

Well so far we have 6 humans and 2 dogs. A nice number for a bit of a stroll!!

...And yes I can also confirm that SHsheff is indeed female and not a bloke as some people seem to think :confused:

Really? I thought she was a 50 year old bloke... ;)

Mods Note: Now now, play nice!!

I've just been roped in to an exciting trip to London so no walky goodness for me this weekend after all. Sorry for any inconvenience :(

Special apologies to Purdyamos - hopefully someone else in the group will also bear a passing resemblance to a member of Pixies to lessen your inevitable disappointment at my absence. Perhaps Strix's beagle looks a bit like Kim Deal?

Does Kim Deal have fuzzy chops and big dangly ears then? :suspect:

Please dont hang around too long for me even for a gentle amble in the park - too many very late nights followed by extremely early mornings with little sleep inbetween has taken its toll and I'm most unlikely to be in my best humour.

Really? I thought she was a 50 year old bloke... ;)

I am. Rumours about me being female are just not funny, and spoil my forum image! :suspect:

I am. Rumours about me being female are just not funny, and spoil my forum image! :suspect:

I do apologise Steve... ;) .

I do apologise Steve... ;) .

Gracias, mi amiga ;)