Unofficial Walk Saturday August 26th

Please see the Forum Policy on all Off-line meetings

I will be walking from Endcliffe Park up the Porter Valley to Porter Clough then back via the Limb Valley, Whirlow Hall Farm and Bingham Park.

Anyone fancy it? A stretch of the Limb Valley may be damp and there is a very steep climb up steps at one point but there is also a cafe and pub en route plus opportunities to duck out and get a bus back if bored with the company or tired or desperate to get some shopping done.

I will be starting at 10 from the Queen Vic monument. If anyone wants to come you can either post here or PM me.

I can't manage Saturday, but I'm up for walking on Sunday.

I hope all you Saturday-walkers have a great time! Anyone up for a walk on Sunday, as well, or instead if you can't manage Saturday?

:)

I can't manage Saturday, but I'm up for walking on Sunday.

I hope all you Saturday-walkers have a great time! Anyone up for a walk on Sunday, as well, or instead if you can't manage Saturday?

:)

See separate thread for Sunday walk

2 + beagle to add to your list please Taxman ;)

Where's the monument? Is it at the hunters bar roundabout entrance?

2 + beagle to add to your list please Taxman ;)

Where's the monument? Is it at the hunters bar roundabout entrance?

Yes it is and dogs are most welcome

There's a 94.7% probability that I can make it on Saturday (assuming everyone is OK with a mysterious stranger tagging along ;) )

Hmmm....I've never noticed a Queen Vic monument in Endcliffe Park...I'll just look out for a beagle

He'll be wearing his hi-vis jacket too ;)

I'm almost definitely coming. (Gets more definite by the day). I'd be honoured to walk alongside a Frank Black lookalike, so make sure you turn up, BF!

I'm almost definitely coming. (Gets more definite by the day). I'd be honoured to walk alongside a Frank Black lookalike, so make sure you turn up, BF!

:D

I've just got back from a delightful meander around Burbage with SHsheff and Grissom (thanks again for inviting me SHsheff) and hopefully they will confirm that I wield neither an axe nor any overly offensive personality traits.

:D

I've just got back from a delightful meander around Burbage with SHsheff and Grissom (thanks again for inviting me SHsheff) and hopefully they will confirm that I wield neither an axe nor any overly offensive personality traits.

I know we agreed not to mention the axe, but you didn't say we had to lie about anything. :suspect:

:hihi:

Nah, we had a lovely walk in light drizzle, mist and low cloud (across the valley), and then clearing weather and a spot of sunshine to finish up with. Great to get out and smell the heather! And a quick bite to eat at Fox House after. Beat sitting in the house looking at the clouds (and the rain, which is falling again as I write this...). Most happy to recommend BlankFrack as a walking companion! :)

(repeated from health and safety awareness thread)

Taxman - would you say saturday's walk is a 'good pair of walking shoes', 'dog walking boots' or 'proper hiking boots' kind of event?

Are there any 'escape' points en route? and where are they?