Did anyone used to work at Moorwood-vulcan?

Any one recall Frank(Bunney) Baxter who worked at MV Forncett Street and lived nearby on Sutherland Road ?

Guest makapaka

My mum Anita worked at moorwood Vulcan in the late 80s / early 90’s from memory.

On 07/09/2021 at 09:48, makapaka said:

My mum Anita worked at moorwood Vulcan in the late 80s / early 90’s from memory.

I believe they a made a Kitchen for the Bank of England at the Old Lady of Treadneedle St. My mother Elsie S worked there all through the night for a week cleaning it as it was installed. I also think a Michael Armitage was there for a time.

Did they also do one for the British Embassy in Moscow??

Edited by beezerboy

On 27/08/2021 at 13:34, Chelseaglen said:

I have jut seen this site about Moorwood Vulcan. My mom was Mavis Morris she was service manager at Moorwood Vulcan, she moved over to Butterthwaite Lane from William Greens. She used to work with a group of Engineers from all over Britain. My Name is Moira and I married Dave Sorsby who also used to work at William Greens

Hello  Chelseaglen       I was interested in your message     I worked for your Mum MrsMorris .  I was a service engineer all of my life and your mum was the best manager I ever worked for. I worked in London  with Tony Miller. Your mum knew him from a boy.

We used to visit your home in the house the other side of the lane. I lost contact when we were taken over by Tack.

Harry Roberts told me that your Mum went into a home. But     had no address..  I sent Xmas cards for a couple of years until the new house owner  opened one to write back saying Mum had moved.

I hope they  (MV) treated your mum well after closing the service department. Julie also worked there.

I did get a message from Tonys brother saying that he had died,

Best wishes

On 12/04/2007 at 22:51, Morty said:

blades66 Hubby remembers Bill Allen, Cal Gelsthorpe, Colin Woods, Mrs Morris, John Hinchliffe and most of the others mentioned. He also remembers Ernest Hartley, Gordon Reed (Technical Manager), and the wonderful Harry Roberts (my words not his), Martin Drinkwater, Paul Hickin, Keith Houghton. David Jones, Robert Ashton , our best man,- last heard of in South Africa, Dick Ward, Eileen Connor, Connie in wages. Howzat for an oldies memory!!

Hubby tells me my boss was Chris Hulbert not Herbert. Alan Burden is another

and Brian Barker, transport manager, Neil Kitchen and Ray who worked with Brian.

You have really got us started on remembering names. My better half has a much better memory than me.

I remember a wonderful character called Vin Radford. The Radford butchers shop was on the corner and we used to walk up for lovely hot pork breadcakes. The late Wilf Webster, estimator. We must have nearly named all the staff!!

Hi there, believe it or not Robert Ashton is me. We are back from South Africa and now living in Hersham, Surrey. Do you remember Kate Bottoms, now Hallas. She is with us today, on holiday.