Did anyone used to work at Moorwood-vulcan?

sawguiter bill alan sadly passed away but terry widlesworth is working for himself doing ducting u must have worked with trevor smith then

Nice to know that you're still around Pete (Jackson). There were some great characters at MV when I started in the Design Office and Lab in 1980 but sadly my memory is not what it was. The previous messages have stirred up names from the past, and I can now add: Brufton (Works Manager), Davidson (Sales Director), Harold Hartley - ex Greens - Trevor Thompson, Tony Fletcher, John Mallinson (ex Srott Benham), I'm still in touch with the latter three.

Nice to know that you're still around Pete (Jackson). There were some great characters at MV when I started in the Design Office and Lab in 1980 but sadly my memory is not what it was. The previous messages have stirred up names from the past, and I can now add: Brufton (Works Manager), Davidson (Sales Director), Harold Hartley - ex Greens - Trevor Thompson, Tony Fletcher, John Mallinson (ex Srott Benham), I'm still in touch with the latter three.

tony fletcher still works there do u remember mick thompson

Blades66. I know that Tony Fletcher still works there, and you have now jogged my memory re. Mick Thompson - in the toolroom and lived at Waterthorpe.

CHRIS MOR you must remember stuart portman works as a rep

Yes, I remember Stuart Portman. Went out with him several times to put School Dinner Ladies right when they were trying to make sponge cakes using 'soft' margarine! Also occasionally saw him in Morrisons shopping after I had left MV to go to Stott Benham. I really should not have butted onto this thread, as PeteJackson has pointd out to me in a PM, my memory of names is now terrible. My Sales Director - Davidson - was actually Bernard Cowley. Of course my Harold Hartley was Ernest! Thanks Pete! Brufton was, I think, George. Margaret Frewin became 'World Famous' after she had modelled demonstrating the 'M' Line range of appliances with her photograph on the fronts of information leaflets. Margery Pugh is another name culled from the deep. Ian Marshal - and his wife-, John Dalton who also worked in the Drawing Office, he opened a fish and chip shop on Greengate Lane, at Mortumley. Faces keep flashing by me - but names........!

My dad used to work at MV in Harleston St as a lorry driver. I think that was in the late 60s but he didn't move to Ecclesfield as far as I remember.

any body remember malc eliss dave glover mick thompson geoff beck colin hobson all worked at green lane

I remember Dave Glover when he worked at Ecclesfield.

Moorwood Vulcan 1983 Valor, Viscount, Enodis until 2005

Stuart Portman still at Enodis part time. Margaret Frewin still working at Lloyds as is John Dalton. Trevor Thompson at Underwood Meat Co. due to retire end of year. 80's and 90's good times at MV fabulous people.

hope you are doing ok in your new job helen

is trevor thompson still out there he was our charge hand in the mc/ shop