Did anyone used to work at Moorwood-vulcan?

Does anyone remember John Francis? He worked at Butterthwaite Lane at the same time as my dad, Fred King mid 80's to 1996. My dad was also a good friend of Dougie Salmon, mentioned in an earlier post, who has now sadley passed away.

Hi,Smileyjiver,Morty and Blades 66,I worked at Harleston Street and at Ecclesfield. I was a young lad at the time and worked on the shop floor.I remenber some of the names you mentioned. Do you remember Fred Wheatcroft ,always smoking a pipe as i recall.Also i remember the two office girls who were very well endowed if you know what i mean. One was called Jane and the other, who always wore black was called Cheryll.

Hi sawguiter. Gosh I do remember Fred Wheatcroft, I had forgotten about him and yes I do remember him always with the pipe in his mouth. The office I worked in was actually in the works. We did all the invoicing. Freda and I had to walk through the works to get to our office. Mr Woods was our manager and Nobby Clarke was also based in the same office. Cal Gelthorpe also used to come into the office frequently and he used to give Freda and I a lift into work most mornings. Don't remember Jane and Cheryll though.

[/quote=Morty] Sorry smilleyjiver he doesn't. Still can't remember you yet. We remembered some more names - Ann Bloomer, Walt Duffield. I remember Mr Rudd's secretary at Harleston Street. Can't remember her name but she was very well spoken. I think she left and his sec at Ecclesfield was called Carol. We also remember a blonde girl in the drawing office who had a 'nice walk' whenever she walked down the office - we think she was called Joan. Was there a lady called Eileen Connor in the offices at Harleston Street? Have you worked out who we are yet?

Sorry Morty can't say I have worked out who you are. I was only at Harlestone Street for a few months before moving out to Ecclesfield. The only people I really knew at Harleston were Kath Hall and Freda.

sawguitar can u remember keith eyres he was in charge of the maintenance

dept pete barker and his farther len

I went to work in the works office at Harleston Street in 1968. My boss was Mr Herbert and the works Manager was Mr Rudd. I married a chap in the 'other' office. We re located and moved with MVto Ecclesfield and we lived in High Green. I remember Len Fisher and someone I think called Pete. Audrey Duffield worked in the offices as did Mrs Wragg. Her husband Ron worked on the shop floor. Trying to thin of other names.

I may? be the Pete(Jackson) you remember. I was at MV from 69 to 75 and 80 to 85. The Mr Herbert was surely Mr(Chris)Hulbert. The MD in 69 was a Mr Davis who could strike fear into you at a glance.(an 'old school' MD , firm but fair)I remember most of the people mentioned. Others are a great bloke, Frank Pearson, who sadly died a number of years ago, Brian Barker, who I still see at Owls matches. Mates of mine at MV were David Jones, Mick Pattinson, who died in a cycling accident and Ken Moore with whom I still have business contact. MV was a typical family type business , ruined in my opinion, by take-over after take-over. The fun of working there disappeared

particular during the Valor regime.

Hi Pete Jackson. Yes it was Chris Hulbert. I did correct in a further post after hubby pointed out my mistake. We are both remembering, we think, two Petes. One worked in the works office where I worked. Not sure if he was at Harleston Street or if it was when we moved to Ecclesfield. Another Pete worked in the drawing office. Other names coming to mind ar Stuart Ellis and Tony Hanna (my hubby's boss). There is another chap I am trying to remember. He worked on the shop floor and then moved up into the works office.

Hiya Morty-I'm the Pete from the design drawing office. I worked for Harry Meadowcroft in 69 at Harleston St followed by Harry Whiteway at Ecclesfield. I worked next to the Tool Room where Pedro worked (he was a lad !!)I remember Stuart Ellis, didnt he come from Greens of Ecclesfield ? Do you remember Margaret Frewin ?, I sometimes speak to her thro' business.

Hi Pete Jackson. Hubby remembers you plus the other names you mentioned. He can recall Margaret Frewin's name but can't put a face to it. He has amazed me how many people he can remember. Working in the works office I didn't get to know the the other girls in the main office other than in passing. I joined MV at Harleston Street in Jan 1968 and left in 1971. My memory is not as good as his for some things.

Peter jackson where do you work now? cos we work at Viscount / MV and your name seems familiar do you still deal with us?? Margaret Frewin is now at Lloyds Catering. Peter Barker is golfing in Spain lol

Have a word with Ian Marshall, he'll tell you !

when i started in 1985 there was dougie salmons geoff beck dave glover fat wilf pedro dave cutts len barker the director was called michael fryer

Blades66,I remember all those names you mentioned above.I also remember keith eyres and pete barker.Back in 1970 i was working just in front of the maintinence dept with bill allen and terry wigglesworth .Does anybody know what became of them .I then moved to the assembly line working with a nice guy called colin turner.Remember little brian and his mam. Nat Neck was a strange character.Fat Wilf always had the same clothes on, all the time.

Still can't remember Petes surname. He worked in the works office along with Fred when we first moved from Harleston Street. Hubby worked in the estimation office and the men on the shop floor used to call him 'cockney Joe' which was funny because he is far removed from being a 'cockney'.

We certainly have fond memories of MV. That's where we met and we celebrate our Ruby wedding next year!