£350 to be a team mascot at the Lane?

Newcastle's mascot places come as part of a sponsorship package so they aren't really free. A lot of clubs don't charge, though, including Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

The most expensive deal is at Everton apparently where the privilege can cost over 3,000 quid.

Just heard that for £350 you can be in the first team at SWFC. They can pay you cash in hand as well. :hihi: :hihi:

Just heard that for £350 you can be in the first team at SWFC. They can pay you cash in hand as well. :hihi: :hihi:

Sorted- get your kids playing professional football for wednesday! :hihi:

Sorted- get your kids playing professional football for wednesday! :hihi:

professional? LOL

I had no idea, that is shocking.

Not surprised Liverpool don't charge though, good on 'em.

For me the best club in the World :thumbsup:

For a little bit of perspective:

To be a mascot at Rotherham United it's £200. If Rotherham can charge £200, I don't see much of a problem in United charging £350... until the time comes when I have kids and want them to be a mascot!

If you want to be a ballboy at Rotheham United, it's £350 + VAT.

How many mascotts and ballboys per game on average then please, any ideas ?

Still think it is shocking to charge, maybe somekind of members club or something would be slightly more reasonable ?

If you want to be a ballboy at Rotheham United, it's £350 + VAT.

i believe at majority of grounds ballboys are used from the junior sides

... but isn't the club big enough to do that without charging parents for a kiddies special treat?

It's greed of the highest magnitude in my opinion and rather pathetic of the club to be charging for this long standing tradition.

Montgomery Burns is each and every board director ......

MB "Ah, Smithers, these customers of the future, who get to live out their dreams on the green sward outside ....... how much do we charge them?"

S "Erm, well, actually Sir, at the moment it's free."

MB "Free??? FREE???? FREE?!?!?!?!?! We must charge them! Take their pocket money, force their parents in to penury for the privelege! Rip every last penny from the young customers! Smithers, I want my bobo ......."

For £350 you would be the first team ........

i believe at majority of grounds ballboys are used from the junior sides

That's what I thought, but the company I work for does the brochures for Rotherham - trust me it's £300+VAT for the season.

Don't know if they've sold any though!

That's what I thought, but the company I work for does the brochures for Rotherham - trust me it's £300+VAT for the season.

Don't know if they've sold any though!

i'm not disputing that, and it is awful to be honest, but im pretty sure at most grounds its just youth players